Thread: Very Slow Boot Up after installing AVG 2011 Free

Very Slow Boot Up after installing AVG 2011 Free

As I have installed 2011 Free my system Bootup has become too slower. I as well have AdAware 9.06 running on my system and I consider both add to the slowdown. While it is kindly irritating, I can put up with a long startup time (from switch on until the last symbol emerges in the notification area) of close to 10 minutes in the guess that I have quite good protection. Running Solution does illustrate AVG 2010 Anti-Virus and AdAware to be the main culprits (180 seconds and nearly 100 seconds in that order). Extensive scans utilizing a variety of anti-malware report no viruses. Any comments, advice and tips would be appreciatively received.

Re: Very Slow Boot Up after installing AVG 2011 Free

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I also have the same situation and just tell me, is that the regular manual backups of files which I run, from my inside HDD to an exterior HDD, are taking too much longer. Is it probable that AVG background activity and that of AdAware could be causing this slowdown? I know I could uninstall both programs to check but if such delays are a known factor of running the anti-virus software, I can admit it.

On your system you should just have 1-Residential concurrent protection installed. AdAware has a characteristic called Adwatch. If this is enabled it just can concern the installation of AVG. In a few cases, if you are running the Plus or Pro edition of Ad-Aware, the Ad-watch real-time protection possibly obstruct with the fixes which are being made as you progress at getting your computer cleaned up. A few free versions of AdAware won't have Adwatch. If you have Adwatch it should be immobilized.

My version of AdAware is the most recent free version (9.06) and it does have AdWatch Live that I have currently disabled. As AdWatch would have been running during the unique installation of AVG, do I necessitate uninstalling and after that reinstalling AVG to make sure it is functioning properly. I do not get any error warnings produced by AVG. The only trouble has been the slowness of certain computer act as before illustrated. As up till now I have not tested the system completely as disabling AdWatch Live.

For assist on your state please uninstall ThreatFire, RUBotted and WinPatrol. It is not at all suggested by anybody that knows what they are talking about to run two or more active antivirus programs at the identical time. The active components will clash with each other. Normally you won't observe the effects of the clash but you will make both programs fewer effective none the less. As well please try to clear out your startup items by just utilizing a few tools like the Ccleaner which helps to fix registry and MS Autoruns which helps to disable all surplus startup items.

I just establish the suitable chipset driver package and installed it. I now consider that the disrupt controller was not actually a trouble as Device Manager at a standstill lists the one recognized as an unknown device by the third party software but does not mark it as a trouble. It does shape however that no driver is setup for it but as well states it is not essential. Most probably earlier driver updating had render it not required.

Here I as well wish to add something in your case, as I go through many sites. Disabling occupant shield may accelerate copying of files on slower (older) systems. On the other hand, it is not completely secure as files will not be scanned throughout the procedure. I would recommend scanning files using shell extension scan previous to copying them. After that you can be secure and copy them with occupant shield disabled.