Thread: Computer Restarts During AVG Scan

Computer Restarts During AVG Scan

I was having this trouble with AVG 9 Free so I upgraded to AVG 2011 Free and am having the similar trouble. The scan is running possibly 20 minutes and my PC will restart. While I go to seem at the scan results I notice the message integrated below. I even DL the 1 day trial of the AVG PC Tuneup so I could fix any troubles but even though it establish and fixed rather a few things it has not solved the trouble with the AVG AV scanner. Is there a means to make the scan complete without my PC re-starting?

Re: Computer Restarts During AVG Scan

Why would the AVG scan cause a restart? Mainly as my system convenes the necessities? And was spiffed up below 18 months before. I understand that this is a Free Product and a free site but I just took up space as a last resort on balance other research botched to supply an answer. As posting I have done online virus scans and not any have establish any threats present so I am assuming that it is not a virus but an trouble with how the scan currently works. Possibly it over taxes the resources? Are there any known troubles with conflicts with products?

I had previously visited the acknowledged conflicts page that held no new information and I wouldn't know where or what to seem for in the User's Manual. A keywords search did not provide me applicable results for my trouble. All that said I did discover the most possible cause of the Restart. I have newly started utilizing MagicJack as my second telephone. The MagicJack is setup on this PC and my troubles may have started at about the similar time I started utilizing it.

I have discovered this because I get a call when a full computer scan was running. My computer right away did a restart later than the first ring. I have not had any troubles with getting calls at other times with other programs in use. I as well have observed that hear a refresh click when utilizing my computer that I can just attribute to the MagicJack as I am not conscious of any additional programs running. Anyhow, I think I am completed Beta testing this Anti-Virus and it is time to move on.

Without warning my computer is shutting off at about 68% of scan completion. It has not been able to finish a scan as May 15th. I restart and check the scan history and its "scan log corrupted" and "not capable to complete scan". I have uninstalled and reinstalled AVG 2011 Free Edition. I have defragged. I have completed a disk clean-up to clear out the scrap. The anti-Rootkit scan comes back clean. But all this is to no benefit. Computer on reboot does the "windows do not shut down correctly" routine and I start usually somewhat than in safe mode (because I can't memorize the password so I utilize the fingerprint scan).

Here I just want to add something to solve your issue. Please just provide me with a pair of recently produced files from the C:\Windows\Minidump\ folder (every unforeseen restart should result in making one file there). We will examine it to discover more information regarding the experienced crash. I just suggest you to compressing the files to decrease their size. Please provide this information and I will surly help you out.