Thread: AVG Email Scanner modifies Hyperlinks

AVG Email Scanner modifies Hyperlinks

Recently I am getting a problem a short time at this moment, and I lastly establish the reason, except I don't recognize how to repair it. I've observed that while I obtain an email that holds links, rather frequently, the links are busted for the reason that they have been altered via the AVG email scanner. I was capable to repeat these actions via sending myself emails through a link toward a JPG file on my individual website. The link approaches in properly, except behind it has been scanned via AVG what time Outlook Express gets it, there's an additional dot! Extensively, I observed it was an issue with Outlook Express, however today I determined to attempt turning off AVG mail scanning, and the issue vanished. Has anybody besides experienced this? How can I fix this?

Re: AVG Email Scanner modifies Hyperlinks

First of all tell me what version of AVG your are using? Make sure that you have the latest version of AVG. I heard that some previous versions were causing much issue but after the AVG has confirmed about it and tried to fix most of them. However there could be not any reason for an AVG to modify the hyperlink which you are getting via email. If you are using any email client then I assume that there could be some kind of confliction between the programs which is breaking the links. If you use web based email client like Gmail or yahoomail then I don’t think that it will interfere there.

Usually the AVG email scanner or any kind of email scanner checks both the incoming and outgoing emails. If it has any kind of doubtful things then it will try to get into it and will take a look. At this time the modification could be happened by automatically or manually by the security program. The AVG scanner might be thinking that the link present in your Email might be spam or might harm the computer. For that purpose it will check the link and re-correct it if it is not genuine (AS I think). Otherwise why an Email scanner modifies or breaks the hyperlink without any reason.

In my case I cannot disable the mail server, certainly; otherwise I wouldn't be capable to receive emails! What are you signifying? I am using MailWasher is v6.5.4 Pro. It is turned off within my tests. Though it is not disabled, Mailwasher will not alter emails -- it is barely for viewing as well as erasing emails from the POP server. ORF is an Open Relay Filter, utilized to filter spam. Over again, it is turned off within my tests. Even though it is not turned off, ORF does NOT alter emails -- it simply scans the headers. I have upgraded toward AVG 10.0.1375 -- similar consequence. The issue is absolutely in AVG -- If I turn off "scan incoming email," the issue goes away.

First of all tell that have you loaded the Outlook plug in while installing AVG7? I had a comparable issue. If you set off to reinstall AVG7 it will permit you to modify settings and alter toward the Outlook plug-in. You might furthermore need to check Outlook to ensure it is recognizing AVG. Click Help > about and confirm AVG is chosen. Furthermore you can contact the AVG support team in order to get more help or any kind of patch that is available for that scanner.

The issue appears to be Earthlink, and via turning off outgoing emails all the way through the technique underneath as resisted to the noticeable way I currently appear to be OK
    • First of all open the AVG Control Center
    • Now double click on top of the E-mail Scanner
    • Select Personal E-mail Scanner plug-in
    • click on top of Properties switch
    • Choose Servers tab
    • click on top of SMTP: Host: Automatic and click on top of Modify key
    • There you need to uncheck the “Activate the server” and make use of preference by the side of the base of the window
    • Then click on top of all OK buttons to verify changes.
    • Now your emails will not be scanned anymore.

It seems to me that the other security program like Zone alarm or something similar. I have also gone through the similar issue because I have installed the both AVG scanner and Zonealarm. The a variety of mso dlls are each and every one enabled within Zonealarm, but, ever since email is OK through AVG scanner off and Zonealarm on, I don't believe this is the issue. Zonealarm has its personal email security, and I have lately upgraded together ZA as well as AVG to up-to-the-minute edition, therefore it seems like if the 2 email scanners are in clash.