Thread: AVG Free Edition 2011 is not installing completely in windows 7 laptop

AVG Free Edition 2011 is not installing completely in windows 7 laptop

Hello guys, after reading reviews about the AVG on Internet and from friends, my cousin decided to install the AVG Free Edition 2011 in my laptop. I am not that good with computer’s so I am taking help of him. On installing the AVG 2011 in my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Operating system, something very unusual is happening. It is not getting installed in my Windows 7. After reaching a point, it is showing this particular message “Please wait”. But the wait seems to never end. Either the installation closes and the process gets terminated or it continues for hours until I close it manually. Please help me as I am unable to understand what is causing this with my system.

Re: AVG Free Edition 2011 is not installing completely in windows 7 laptop

It might be possible that you have downloaded some corrupt file form internet instead of the working setup of AVG 2011 free Edition. And that is why you are unable to install the AVG 2011 setup completely in your Windows 7 running laptop. So I would recommend you to download the correct file from Internet. This time make sure that you are installing it form the official website of AVG antivirus rather then any random sites on Internet. This will assure you that the files are not corrupted.

Make sure that you have no other antivirus or antispyware software already installed in your system. It is already known that many different software have got compatibility issue with each other, thus causing many issue while the normal functioning of the software or while installing them. This hampers the normal functioning of your system. Thus I would recommend you to make sure that no other antivirus software is installed in your system. If one is already present then you should make sure that you get rid of it first and then install AVG. The choice is completely yours.

You said you are trying to install AVG Free Edition 2011 in your system. According to me the problem is because of this thing. It might be possible that because as the AVG 2011 is the free edition and you are trying to install it without using any License Key, you are unable to install the AVG Free Edition 2011 antivirus in your system. I would thus recommend you to install the original AVG antivirus in your system using a proper License Key. You can purchase this key from the official website of AVG and check whether your issue is getting solved or not.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my thread. It was very kind and sweet of you to spend so much of your quality time in typing your suggestion here. I appreciate your time and efforts which you spend on solving my problem. But sorry to say it, I was unable to solve my problem by applying any of these suggestions. I downloaded the setup from AVG official web site, tried installing the trail version with the help of License key the website provided, but still the story remains the same. Please help me.

It might be possible that you are using 64 bit version of Windows 7 Operating system in your laptop. Many software have got compatibility issues with Windows 7 64-bit OS. So first I would recommend you to make sure that AVG is not included in that list of softwares which have compatibility issue with Windows 7 64-bit OS. And secondly, if there is no compatibility issue, make sure that you are downloading the setup for Windows 7 64-bit OS. This might probably make it clear whether you can solve the problem or not.

I would recommend you to follow the below steps to uninstall the AVG antivirus from your system:
    • Download the following AVG uninstall/cleanup utility and run it uninstall the AVG from your system AVG UTILITIES
    • If you are unable to download any file or if the file goes missing after downloading it then I would recommend you to remove this file from AVG program folder "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll" (for 64bit systems "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll") and download the file again.
    • Make sure that you have completed the AVG remover.
    • Restart your system.
    • After restarting your system, remove these folders*:

---Windows XP/2000 (Windows 2000 is not supported by AVG 2011)
    - C:\Program Files\AVG or C:\Program files(x86)\AVG (for 64bit OS)
    - C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG8
    - C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG9
    - C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG10

---Windows Vista/7(Seven)
    - C:\Program Files\AVG or C:\Program files(x86)\AVG (for 64bit OS)
    - C:\ProgramData\AVG8
    - C:\ProgramData\AVG9
    - C:\ProgramData\AVG10
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\AVG8
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\AVG9
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\AVG10

• Once you have done this much, stop the process if the AVG is not re-installing.
    • Download the latest available AVG setup and install it in your system