Thread: Unable to use internet after installing AVG IS 2011 Trial

Unable to use internet after installing AVG IS 2011 Trial

Hello friends I am using Sony vaio laptop and I like that laptop very much. I have installed the windows vista in my laptop. I have recently installed the AVG antivirus 2011 trial version in my laptop and antivirus is working perfectly. But after installing the antivirus I am not able to use the internet in my laptop. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? If anyone facing same problem and have solutions for it then please reply me with your suggestion.

Re: Unable to use internet after installing AVG IS 2011 Trial

I have referred your problem and I think you are facing this problem because of your antivirus is blocking your connection. According to me you have to start the AVG antivirus and after that open the firewall. Now click on the firewall setting and after that you will see the list of items which is blocked by firewall. If you can see the internet connection option in that list then click on that and select the allow option. I hope after doing this you will be able to solve the problem.

I have read your issue and If you are not able to connect the internet with your laptop then I think you can try to solve this problem by doing following steps. First disable the AVG antivirus on your computer and after that try to connect the internet. If you are able to connect the internet after disabling the AVG antivirus then I think you should reinstall the antivirus. After reinstalling it you will not find any difficulties with your internet connection.

If you are not able to connect the internet after trying all the possible things then I think there is something wrong with your AVG antivirus installation. I think you should uninstall that version from your system and after that download any earlier version in your laptop. Now install that version in your laptop and check whether you can connect the internet or not? If you are able to connect the internet it means there is something wrong with your AVG antivirus 2011 trial installation file and according to me you should try to install the full version.

I have read your solution and after that I uninstalled my AVG antivirus 2011 trial from my laptop and I restart the laptop. After doing that I downloaded the earlier version of AVG antivirus from internet and I installed it in my laptop. After that when I tried to connect internet in my laptop at that time all the things were working perfectly and I was not facing any issues with my internet connection. Thank you so much for giving this useful information and fix my problem.