Thread: Avira Antivirus scans the system with no results

Avira Antivirus scans the system with no results

Hey all please try helping me solve this irritating issue which I am facing. I had installed Avira AntiVir antivirus in my Windows Vista running system. Today when I tried to perform system scan, it took more time then it usually used to take to scan the entire system. But what I came to know after the scan got completed was more surprising. It detected few alerts and infections, but completely ignored them. It neither repaired, nor deleted or moved it to quarantine. I don’t know what’s happening. Please help me.

Re: Avira Antivirus scans the system with no results

This problem occurs if you are using the trail version of the antivirus. It might be possible that you had installed the free version of software in your system which might usually have 30-day or 15-day validity. Thus, this means it works and performs well only for these many days and disables all its functions after it crosses this validation period. Re-installing this trail version of antivirus will probably won’t solve your issue, but still you can give it a try and re-install a fresh Avira antivirus in your system.

It might be possible that you had selected the “Ignore all” in the after detecting infectious files actions option. So I would recommend you to change the setting either to “Delete all on Detection” to delete the files from your system. Or you can Select “Repair all” to allow the antivirus to make an attempt to repair the detected file. This will prove to be better option as directly deleting option will land up you to delete some important files in future if they are detected as some kind of infectious file. You are also provided with the option to quarantine the infected files, thus storing them in a closed protected folder and preventing them to infect others. This proved to be the best option if some system files are infected and you don’t wish to perform OS reinstallation.

Piracy and hacking is very common these days. So, it might be possible that the Avira antivirus which you have installed in your system might not be the original one and could be some pirated version of software. And that is why you are unable to perform any action of detected files or the option to perform Actions on the detected infected files is missing from your Avira antivirus. So I would recommend you to always use original software, especially antiviruses as they keep your system and its data protected from the virus attacks.

I would recommend you to make sure that your antivirus is updated, i.e. its database and the virus definition both. This will make sure that your system is kept protected from all the possible viruses and malware attacks. Also check whether you are using a licensed version of the antivirus. Or whether the license of your antivirus is still valid or it has expired. It is possible that you are unable to perform actions because the license key has expired and that is why complete protection is not made avail for you. If the license is expired then please renew it to enjoy the features again.

There is some kind of issue with your antivirus. So it is better that you try to uninstall the Avira antivirus from your system and then clean install it again. Clean install means that when you are uninstalling the Antivirus, make sure that you have removed and deleted all the possible files and folders from your system. Now download the latest available Avira antivirus setup available on the official website of Avira and install it in your system. Make sure that you are entering the correct License key when it is prompted to enter it. Restart your system and enjoy all new working antivirus.

I would recommend you to rescan your system by using the Avira AntiVir Rescue CD. Reboot your system with the Rescue CD and select the "Repair infected files" option. Then select the "Rename file if repair is not possible" sub option or the "Remove file if repair is not possible" sub option. Let the system perform the remaining task. It might take a lot of time. Once completed with the scan and repairing, reboot your system and check out, whether your problem still exists or not.