Thread: How to implement Altiris 7.1 CMS

How to implement Altiris 7.1 CMS

I am asking the administrators and executors of Altiris. We have recently acquired Altiris CMS and seeking to implement this soon. I'm looking for some tips, tricks and traps to keep in mind as our implementation plan. Our statistics consist of 7,500 workstations distributed in 120 different networks of Active Directory; range 11 to 400 PCs for every range of sites and articles from 3mbit to 80mbit. Please share your views with me thank you.

Re: How to implement Altiris 7.1 CMS

I have the similar query. We have newly been isolated network all the way through ADSL / ISDN Internet connections to MPLS, wireless circuits and BT set up to link the entire sites here the center earlier than with Janet 150Mb connection to the entire Internet traffic. We have another project on the site is to provide a wide WAN AD, but it is several months away our intention was to get Altiris and subsequently search with these tools on the way to help us apply the WAN relocation 2008R2/Win7 2003/XP at the similar time.

Only one NS main reason unless you have a fabulously well for most, it has to be 2008 R2 SP1, but no. SQL off box, detach instance at the same time as the TempDB utilize deeply. Pre assign db files, 50 GB if subsequent to a while. If you ever utilize Deployment Solution on the way to every server within the site you may want to image with both packaging and labor services and SN. Having an independent co Task Server meets the NS. Install the Symantec Management Platform first and after that the solutions. Think regarding how you will commence the agent base, you need an account with administrator access to the PC for each domain.

I concur based on the complexity of the environment within which they possibly will wish for to participate through a partner to help in the application. Do you need the image in each room, or going to be the imaging of the venue? Every site that will image must comprise a site server organizing task services; enclose services, and the deployment task handlers. Presently it is not companionable through the site server on the way to be a domain controller. Difficulty is abridged if there is a single structure of AD through the WAN. This would make simpler the Altiris deployment, and operating system relocation.

Hi thanks for your reply. Our central location is purely a management site only deal with a training lab and a few test machines to the central computer uses. Currently in the remote sites have VMware vSphere and were thinking of using this to permit extra servers have sufficient MS license to perform so. The smaller sites have simply a VMware host on the way to local disks and comprise 2-3 larger hosts through SAN backend. The center is not going to virtualized the SQL server, but we'll be considering placing the central NS in a virtual machine highly spec'd.