Thread: Avira Antivirus Rescue disk stops after loading 60% of the modules

Avira Antivirus Rescue disk stops after loading 60% of the modules

Hello guys, please help me solving this irritating problem which I am facing these days. I recently brought Avira AntiVir Rescue disk form my friend to scan my Windows XP running system. I used this CD to boot my computer and to perform scan on boot, but unfortunately it stops after loading upto 60% of the modules. I am unable to solve the issue. I tried running the CD many times, but only to find myself unlucky and the loading getting stuck at 60%. Please help me solve the problem.

Re: Avira Antivirus Rescue disk stops after loading 60% of the modules

I have read many posts where people are searching for help regarding the same issue. And the common reason behind issue is some kind of compatibility issues with something in of your system. So I would suggest you to first of all make sure that you are not facing any compatibility issue while you are running the Avira AntiVir Rescue disk. Make sure to read all the related do’s and don’ts before using the rescue disk. I would also recommend you to boot your system in safe mode and then try to scan you system using this rescue disk.

That was very kind of you to stop by my post and to spend your precious time on giving me the suggestion. I am unable to find whether there is any kind of compatibility issue with the Avira AntiVir Rescue system/disk and any other application in my system. But after trying to perform the scanning on boot up many times, I noticed that the loading stops on module eth16i. Every time the process gets stuck on this particular module only. I hope, this will help you guys to get me a more proper solution. Thank you in advance.

As you have mentioned in your above thread that loading stops on module eth16i, I am sure that the rescue CD which you have brought from your friend might be corrupt and that is why you are unable to load the entire module in your system. So, I would recommend you to download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System from the official website which I have provided you along with this post. Visit the link and download the files in your system and burn it in CD/DVD to use it as a bootable CD. Also make sure that you are installing the latest available version of Avira AntiVir Rescue System.

As you mentioned that the process is stopping after reaching the module eth16i, I have searched specifically about it on Internet. After searching I came to know that the module eth16i is related to the Ethernet and its drivers. So I assume you should try to disable the onboard network adapter. You can disable it from the systems BIOS. First, try loading the modules from the CD keeping it enabled and then again perform while disabling the network adapter. Reply back if the suggestions helps you and feel free to ask more queries if any.

Hey guys I have come across the following solution from the official forum of Avira and I would definitely suggest you to try the following. Make sure that before starting the installation, you have disabled the floppy drive in your system. You can disable it from your computer's BIOS settings. Or you can also disable the floppy drive and also the floppy disk controller from your Windows XP system from the Device Manager. This could probably eliminate your issue.