Thread: Avira AntiVir Rescue disk won’t update the latest virus database

Avira AntiVir Rescue disk won’t update the latest virus database

Hello people, recently my friend suggested me that Avira AntiVir Rescue disk is capable of automatically searching and then updating the latest virus database of your antivirus if the updates are available in the Avira folder in my Windows XP running system. So I got the CD and tried doing the same, but unfortunately this thing is not working for me. Does anyone know why this is happening with my system? What possibly could be the problem and what I should do to solve the issue? Pleas reply.

Re: Avira AntiVir Rescue disk won’t update the latest virus database

I would suggest you to first complete the basic checking before trying to do the more complex things. Make sure that the Avira AntiVir Rescue CD is detecting the installed Antivir in your system automatically. If it is not, then manually search for the Avira installation to get the necessary updates. If still, the rescue CD is unable to detect the folder then most probably there is no Avira antivirus installed in your system. So make sure that you have installed Avira in your system.

According to me your Avira AntiVir Rescue CD is unable to detect any new update because most probably no update exists on the Avira installation folder. It might be possible that your anti-virus is already outdated and that is why your rescue disk not detecting for updates there anymore. So I would suggest you to make sure that you have updated your Anti-virus virus definitions and database updated. Once you have done so, restart your system with the rescue disk.

It can happen that the Avira AntiVir Rescue CD which you are using and wish to update is already updated or it is updated and the installed Avira is still outdated. If the case is this then it is for sure that your rescue disk won’t automatically search and install the outdated database in your system. So most probably you don’t have to worry so much, as your rescue disk is already updated. If still you feel unsatisfied then I would recommend you to visit the following link of this forum only and follow the instructions to get the latest Avira AntiVir Rescue system.

If you have downloaded the Avira AntiVir Rescue system and created this bootable Rescue CD just before running it, it is not compulsory to update the Rescue CD as it will be already updated to the latest version of virus definition (vdf). And if you feel that the Rescue CD is still outdated and needs an update, then you can use the RedcueCD main menu to update it. There are two possible ways in which rescue CD utility can update itself, either by check for the latest VDF’s file in your Avira folder or directly connecting to the Internet.

If you are having an Internet connection in your system then the Avira AntiVir Rescue System Disk will automatically search for an update online. It will try to connect to the Avira official website and update itself by downloading updates from there. It the rescue disk is not automatically searching for the update then I would recommend you to try to update the Avira AntiVir Rescue Disk manually. Once you have done that, manually reboot your PC with the rescue CD.