Thread: Avira antivirus shows two different license key expiration date

Avira antivirus shows two different license key expiration date

Hello guys, I am asking this problem on behalf of my friend. He is not that good with computers and thus has lots of issue understanding the normal working. He has been using Avira AntiVir Premium antivirus in his system for protection against viruses. We have noticed this particular issue with the antivirus. The slideup and the GUI are showing two different license key expiration dates. What is the matter? Which date is correct? Please help us, as we are very new to this thing. Also the system is running Windows 7 OS.

Re: Avira antivirus shows two different license key expiration date

This is the first time I came across anything like this. I am not sure whether the suggestion I will be giving is proper or not, but I would definitely ask you to try them. It might be possible that you might be using some other application, specially some other antivirus or antispyware which might not be compatible with your Avira antivirus and that is why you are seeing this two different license expiration date in your Avira Antivirus. You should get rid of that application/process or antivirus and check out if this is solving your issue.

Make sure that your Windows is update as well as your Avira Antivirus. It might be possible that system as well as the antivirus is outdated and that is why you are facing this issue with your antivirus and are seeing two different expiration date for your license key. So I would recommend you to always keep your system and the antivirus database as well as virus definition updated. You can update it by clicking on the Update button on the GUI of your Avira antivirus.

I would recommend you to uninstall the Avira antivirus from your system completely, including all the related files and folders. You can do this complete uninstall by using any third party software like the CCleaner. Once you have done with the process, download the latest available Avira antivirus from the official website of Avira AntiVir and install it in your system. Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the License key when prompted for it. Restart your system and check whether you facing the same issue or not.

You said that the slideup is showing different expiration date of your license key and the GUI is showing different License key expiration date. So I would recommend you to follow the expiration date mentioned in the GUI. This is because the Avira antivirus GUI is accessing the correct data and thus showing you the correct license expiry date. As the license expiry date shown in the slideup is of Avita personal which can be extended whenever the user need to.

According to me the best possible solution for this issue would be that you should contact Avira and should rectify the license key which they have provided you for their particular product. They will be able to give you the exact expiration date for your Avira antivirus. Or else you can also contact the store from where you purchased your product and the License key for the same. Always try to purchase any product from its official manufacturer or supplier to avoid any issues later.