Thread: Unable to open zipped installer file of newly purchased Avira

Unable to open zipped installer file of newly purchased Avira

Hi friends I was using Avira free antivirus to check whether this antivirus is good for my laptop or not? After using this free antivirus I have decided to purchase the Avira from online. After that I purchased the Avira antivirus online. I get the antivirus in zip file. Now my jZIP software is not recognizing the installer file and because of that I am not able to install the antivirus. I don’t know what the exact problem is? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to open zipped installer file of newly purchased Avira

I have referred your issue and according to me this problem normally comes when the download file is broken. It means the installer which you have downloaded is not completely downloaded. If your installer file is not downloaded completely then your jzip software will not recognize the installer file and you will not able to open the installer file. I think you should download that file again and after that try to install it again. I think after doing that you will not get any issues.

I have read your problem and I think you are facing this problem because of your jzip application. I think you should uninstall the jzip application from your computer and after that restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop install the jzip software again in your laptop. Now after doing that try to open that file again. I think after reinstalling the jzip software you will be able to open the installer file. If you find any difficulty then please let me know.

If you are facing the problem in opening the installer file then I think you should try this solution to solve your issue. First download the WinZip software from internet. You can easily find this software from Google. After downloading the WinZip install it in your laptop. Now after installing the WinZip try to open your Avira antivirus file again. Now you can easily extract the file from WinZip and install it in your laptop. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

After reading the above replies I tried to solve the problem but I am still not able to extract the file. I tried to extract the installer file by reinstalling the jzip software but that idea didn’t work for me. I also downloaded the WinZip software and tried that also but same problem was coming there. I also tried 7-zip software to open this zip file but results are same. Please tell me is there any more way to solve this problem. Please reply me as soon as possible.

I have gone through your problem and I if you have download the installer file again and still facing the same problem then I think you should try to download the file by clicking here. DOWNLOAD by downloading this file you will get the .exe file it means you can direct install it in your laptop. Normally when we purchased any online product at that time we get the software in ZIP file and that is why some time we cannot open that file. I hope this will be helpful to you.

After reading your post about downloading the installer file from internet and installing in the system I have tired same thing. I have downloaded the Avira installer file in my laptop and after that I have installed it. Now I don’t need to depend in ZIP applications. I am very happy that I have perfectly installed the antivirus. Your given link really helped me to solve this problem. Thank you so much for all the replies and all the information.