Thread: unable to do full system scan due to hidden objects

unable to do full system scan due to hidden objects

I am running windows xp in my HP laptop and I use Avira antivirus in my laptop. I have 320GB hard disk in my laptop and it is almost 265GB full. Whenever scan my laptop at that time it takes more than 4 to 5 hours to complete the scan and I am ok with it. But from last 6 to 7 days I am facing some problems. My antivirus is not able to do full system scan because of hidden files in my laptop. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: unable to do full system scan due to hidden objects

I have read your problem; if you are not able to the full system scans then I think you should try these steps to solve the problem. First repair delete the all the temporary files from your computer. you can delete the temporary filed by doing following steps. First go to my computer and right click on any drive and then go to the properties. Now click on the disk clean up. After clicking in that you will get one dialogue box in which you have to select temporary internet files and temporary files. Now click on OK. After that it will delete all the temporary files and you will be able to scan again.

I think you can solve this problem by following this trick. First open your Avira antivirus and after that click on the scan tab. Now the custom scan option and after that you will find the option of drive selection. Now don’t select all the drives but select any one drive and after that start scanning. According to that scan all the drive one by one because your computer hard disk is almost full that is why I am suggesting you this trick. I think this trick will help you to solve your issue.

If you want to do full system scanning and if you are not able to do that then I think there is something wrong with your antivirus only because hidden files never effects on system scanning. I think first you have to uninstall the antivirus from your computer and after that restart the laptop and install the antivirus again in your laptop. After reinstalling the antivirus in your laptop try to scan the full system again. I think now you will not face any issues with your antivirus and scanning.

I have tried to solve the issue by deleting all the temporary files from my laptop and also tried to solve the problem by uninstalling the Avira antivirus from my laptop and installing it again in my laptop. After doing that also I am not able to do the full system scanning. When I try to scan my laptop by selecting the individual drives at that time I am not facing any issues with my antivirus. Please tell me is there any other way to solve this issue? I really wanted to fix this issue.

I have read your post as you have said that you are still having the same problem after trying the above solution. That is why I will suggest you to solve the problem by doing these steps. First insert your operating system CD in your system and after that restart your laptop. After that you run the operating system CD and then you will get the option for repairing the system and installing the fresh copy. After that you have to select the repair option. After repairing your operating system you will not face any issues with your system.