Thread: After system restart Avira Premium prompts to re-enter license key

After system restart Avira Premium prompts to re-enter license key

Hello guys, recently I got Avira AntiVir premium antivirus for my system which is running Windows Vista in it. At the time of installation, the antivirus prompted to enter License key like any other software. I inserted the license key and completed the installation. The antivirus worked perfectly fine. From yesterday I have started facing problems with it. Whenever I am restarting my system, the Avira antivirus is asking me to re-enter the License key. On reinserting the license key, the antivirus again starts working. So I wanted to know, why that prompt appears after every restart. Any solution to solve the issue then, please help me.

Re: After system restart Avira Premium prompts to re-enter license key

According to me, there is some issue with your Avira AntiVir premium antivirus. You might have not installed the application properly in your system. So I would suggest you to uninstall the antivirus from your system completely. By completely, I mean that you should uninstall the antivirus and all its related files from the system. Once you are done doing this, restart your system and reinstall the antivirus. Make sure that you are installing it after login to the Administrator account. Follow the on-screen instructions and insert the correct license key when prompted to do so.

Thank you for showing your concern on my issue and coming forward to help me with your quality suggestion. I tried exactly what you asked me to do but unfortunately still I am facing the same issue with my Avira AntiVir premium antivirus. On every restart it is prompting me to insert the license key. I am using the Avira antivirus CD which I had purchased from nearby local store. Anyways thank you for your time and effort. Anyone else with more suggestions, please feel free to reply. As your suggestions will always be appreciated.

I would recommend you to contact the store from where you brought that Avira CD and get it replaced as it might be possible that the content in the CD has got corrupted, which is why you are facing this issue of continuous prompts to re-insert License key on every system restart. Chances are high that the other CD which you get as a replacement will also be facing the same issue. So, it would be better if your search for Avira Antivirus on Internet and install it from Internet, directly from the official website of Avira AntiVir antivirus. They will be providing you with the flawless setup.

I am not sure about this, but I think you are confusing with the License key you are inserting and the antivirus which is installed in your system. At the time of installation, after accepting the License key, usually System will ask for a restart to complete the installation. If you are getting this prompt for restart and if you are completing this process, only then the antivirus will be installed in your system. But if you are not at all receiving the prompt for restart or any error while inserting the license key then the system will keep on asking for the License key unless it gets the correct one. There is a high possibility that you are using wrong License key for the wrong product. For e.g. You might be inserting Avira Security Suite license key on your Avira Premium or vice versa. So, make sure you are not doing any of these. Also make sure that you have installed the correct version of the antivirus.

This problem was faced by me also. After lots of research, I realized that many things could force your antivirus to prompt these messages. It might be possible that Avira antivirus which you have installed in your system is malfunctioning because of some compatibility issue with some other software installed in your system. You should make sure that you don’t have any other antivirus installed in your system, because that might cause this issue. I have come across this particular link on Avira official website which has mentioned this issue. Please visit the following link for more details.
    Avira Antivirus

I would share my experience, like what I did when I was facing the same issue with my Avira antivirus. If you using Windows Defender along with Avira then I would recommend you to perform the following:
    • Disable Windows Defender.
    • If Webroot is a security scanner then just uninstall it.
    • If you are using Windows XP SP2 then I would suggest you to install the latest XP SP3 as the windows XP SP2 is very outdated.
    • Most important, make sure that you have removed all other antivirus from your system, before installing Avira. There is always a compatibility issue when you use two different Antivirus in your system.