Thread: How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC

sad How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC

Hi I'm new to this and not very computer literate so please bear with me! Whilst on the internet I had a warning come up on my screen from Microsoft Security Essentials that a virus was trying to get into my computer. I switched my computer off immediately without shutting down any of the open programs. When I rebooted I went into Security Essentials and there was a message under the 'History' tab saying that TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC had been detected. Under 'Action Taken' it said 'Allowed' rather than 'Removed'. I ran a full scan on my computer and it detected 2 other Trojans - TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.JS and TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.G. Both of these had the staus of 'Removed' under 'Action Taken'. TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC still said 'Allowed'. My computer seems to be running a bit slowly. Does this mean I still have a trojan? If so, how do I get rid of it? Any help would be much appreciated. Please use simple language, as I said I'm a bit of a dumbass when it comes to computers. Thank you very much for any help, I really appreciate it.

Re: How to Remove TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC

The warning had occurred while you were trying to access some website which might be consisting of some infectious files or you were trying to download some infected files. It is highly possible that your system might be still under the virus attack so i would recommend you to scan your complete system by using a good antivirus. Also make sure that your antivirus database is kept updated, so that your system is kept protected from all the latest infections. Use a good Internet Security for this purpose. You can also scan your system online, if you wish to do so.

Hi Sauk, thanks for responding. What is the name of a good antivirus? Is Microsoft Security Essentials not an antivirus? Also how do I scan my system online? What is this and how does it work? Thank you very much for your help.

By the way I scanned my computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner after posting my original message. It found no viruses. Is this what you mean by an online scan? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drummer101 View Post
    By the way I scanned my computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner after posting my original message. It found no viruses. Is this what you mean by an online scan? Thanks
    I guess online scan refers to Online Security, firewalls etc.. There are various types of online scan available. AM too not sure about it. But what Microsoft Safety Scanner does is it analyze how secure is your system when it is connected on Internet. Anyways, what i can suggest you is try scanning your system here.

Hi and thanks for your response. Unfortunately that website won't allow me to complete a scan as it says I need to be running certain operating systems. My operating system is Windows 7 Starter and that is not one of the options. I tried clicking on some other operating systems but it would not run the scan. Do you know of any other free scans I could use? Thanks a lot.

Hey i am so sorry that the link didn't worked for you but if you are really willing to scan your system online t5hen i want you to go with Bitdefender it is the one which scans almost each and every system and also cures it if it is affected by viruses.

Hi Shikhar. I have tried to use Bitdefender. First I tried it using Firefox as my browser. It would only perform the Quickscan, not the full scan. I don't know why this wouldn't work. Next I tried to use it using Internet Explorer. The download appeared to work but I get a message box that says 'Updating BitDefender Online Scanner...' Underneath there is a bar called 'Antivirus Engine'. Beneath that is another bar called 'Virus Signatures'. Both of these count up to 100%. But when they reach 100% nothing happens, there is no more options to get the scan to run. I have left the computer for several hours and nothing happens. The only thing I can do is hit 'cancel' and then the program shuts down. I have tried this several times. I have tried to remove the Bitdefender from the 'Manage Add-Ons' section in my Internet Explorer tools, so I could download it and start again but it says the 'Uninstall Bitdefender Online Scanner' is 'unavailable'. When I look in add/remove programs in mycomputer Bitdefender is not even listed. I don't know what to do. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

There are many Antivirus which provide Internet Security. You can try AVAST, AVG, McAfee, Nod32 etc. for the same. I would suggest you to use AVG or Avast as they are the best available free antivirus software in the market at the moment. You can scan your system by visiting any of the below links.
    online kaspersky Scan
    eset online scan
    Quick Heal online scan
    bitdefender online scan
    Also to increase the performance of your system, you should make sure that
    • All the software are Updated
    • Windows and Antiviruses are updated
    • You perform Disk defragmentation atleast in every 4 months.
    • Scanning your system every now and then.