Thread: Internet Explorer 8 favourites not working after installing AVG

Internet Explorer 8 favourites not working after installing AVG

Hello guys, I am running Windows Vista Operating system in my Dell laptop. My friends recently suggested me that AVG is a pretty decent Antivirus for protecting my system form antivirus attack. So I brought the AVG antivirus from him and installed it in my system. But after installing the AVG antivirus in my system, my Internet Explorer 8’s Favorites has started malfunctioning. The problems are very annoying and I really want to solve this malfunctioning of the favorites. Does anyone have any knowledge, what is the issue and how I can solve it? Please help me.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 favourites not working after installing AVG

You have mentioned that you are installing Internet Explorer 8 in your system. New version of Internet is available in your system. So I would recommend you to update your Internet Explorer to the latest available version of it. Using an updated application reduces the incompatibility issues between different applications. So, uninstall the current version of internet Explorer from your system. Restart your laptop and download the latest available Internet Explorer from Internet and install it in your system. Check for the existence of problem after updating the Internet Explorer.

There are high possibilities that your system is under some kind of virus or malicious germs, which is why your favorites in Internet Explorer is working irritatingly. So, I would recommend you to update the antivirus which you have installed in your system and then perform complete system scan. It will take time but be patient and let the process get completed. After completion of the scan, if your system is having any viruses, they will be detected and make sure that you either heal them or if they are not healed then delete them from your system.

According to me, the AVG antivirus which you have installed is either outdated or is corrupt by itself. That is why it is causing this compatibility issue with the Internet Explorer. I am also using AVG and Internet Explorer but I haven’t faced any such kind of issues. You should make sure that you are using the latest version of AVG as well as Internet Explorer in your system from the official website of the respective software and install them in your system. Once you have performed that, check for the issue.

Thank you, guys for responding so quickly to my post. It clearly showed, how much concerned you people were about my problem. I tried all the suggestions which you guys have mentioned, one after another. I checked for presence of virus in your system, luckily nothing was found. I made sure that both AVG and Internet Explorer are updated and I have installed the latest version of them in my system. But still nothing seemed to have worked for me. Still thank you for your time and effort. I am wishing to get more suggestions which would do the trick.

According to me there is some compatibility issue in your system. The problem started only after installing AVG antivirus, which points out that the problem is with AVG and some other application. It might be possible that you already have another antivirus application installed in your system. In this case, I would like to suggest you to uninstall any one of the Antivirus, as per your choice and requirement and then check if the problem still existed or not. And check out whether the other antivirus or applications in your system are all compatible with AVG.

I would recommend you to uninstall and the reinstall AVG form your system. So you should visit the following thread in our forum which have clearly discussed a way to uninstall the AVG anti-virus from your system in you are unable to do so in the normal way. This is the link Click on it to visit the post and do as mentioned in it. Still if nothing is helping you, then i would suggest you that it seems to be some kind of issue with AVG itself and you should wait for the new updates in which AVG tech team might have done something to solve the issue.