Thread: Error "Network is unreachable" in Ubuntu 10.10

Error "Network is unreachable" in Ubuntu 10.10

Hello friend, Recently, I install fresh copy of ubuntu 10.10 on VirtualBox for my win7 ultimate box. It installed without giving any error message. Now I try to recognize the wired connection of the system but it gives the Network is Unreachable error message. I have already done the connection between the system and the router. I use the ping command to check the network connections but it gives the error. Any type of help to solve this error message will be appreciates.

re: Error "Network is unreachable" in Ubuntu 10.10

Hey dude, I had faced this trouble in the last week. That time I had restart the system and then immediately it gives the network unreachable error message. Then I use the ifconfig command to observe accurately what was wrong on the system. After running this command I realized that the trouble is present in the lo section of the network. This lo section is simply the local machine. Then I execute the sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces to fix this trouble. Then it works and it helps to solve the trouble.

I think there is some issue occurred in the connections and hence the network unreachable error message is occurred. Then I suggest to just use the normal technique to oslve this trouble. First you need to just check the connections of the network. This helps to solve the error of the system and then possibly the error message is to be removed from the system. Then check the cable of the network is properly connected or not. If it is not connected then reconnect it. Then check the error. I think it solved.

I also faced the same kind of trouble and that time I never know the basic reason behind this issue. Then I read the articles which are based on this concept. In that article there is one point mention. the router of the network is not works correctly or the crisis happens in the router and hence the network unreachable error message is present in the system. Then I check the router and there is some issue in that router. Then I replaced it. Now the network works correctly.

Normally this kind of error message gives the indications that the network collision occurs in the network. This is the one of the reason why this error message is presents. Then I think you need to check the if this things happen in your case or not. You can do this by using the ping command. The ping command gives the source and destination is properly connected or not. Then execute this command. It helps you to understand the basic reason. Then solve it for accessing the network.

Re: Error "Network is unreachable" in Ubuntu 10.10

I use the sudo command to check the network connections and it describes the message. This message contains the description about the trouble. After reading this message I realized that the DHCP protocol of the network is not worked properly. Then I try to reconfigure those connections. I use the manual to set the configurations of the network. Then the new configurations of the network are now worked very well. Now I suggest you to do the same process and solve the trouble.