Thread: TL-WN422G wireless USB adapter not working in Fedora

Mykola Guest

TL-WN422G wireless USB adapter not working in Fedora

Hello friend, I would like to make use of tl-wn422g wireless usb adapter on the Fedora operating system. The device supported by zd1121 driver and it was built into the kernel. Hence I think this will works on the Fedora OS. When I try to connect the adaptor to the system then it doesn’t detect. It gives the unknown error messages in that mentions the Not Associates Access point. Now I need to solve this trouble. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: TL-WN422G wireless USB adapter not working in Fedora

This kind of wireless USB adaptor devices need the firewall software and hence you need to install the firewall on the system. The firewall is specially designed for the security purpose and this device always wants security. Then I think you definitely need to install the firewall. In fedora the firewall can be easily install on the system and there specific step by step process mentions in the firewall setup folder. Then use it install the firewall on system.

I also faced the same trouble and that time I tried to install firmware on the system. It done successfully without any issue then when I check the USB adaptor device connections then it gives the same error message. I have copied the firewall setup file into the /lib/firmware/zd1211 folder but it gives the same error message. Then I just try to disable the SELinux which is already active. Surprisingly it works and the trouble of the device connectivity is solved.

The USB adaptor is not worked because the SELinux is active. The SELinux is to be the kernel mechanism which is work for applying the restrictions permission to the connected devices as well as files and folders. Then I suggest you to disable this SELinux and it helps to solve the trouble. You can do this by just open the /etc/selinux/config file in edit mode and then set the line SELINUX=disabled in this file. Then save it and it helps to solve the trouble.

I also faced the same trouble and that time I have done this disabling selinux solutions but it doesn’t help to solve the trouble. Then I understand the things behind this. I read some articles related to this topic and it mention that after doing this there is necessary to copy the zd1211 firmware driver files into the lib/firmware folder. Then I do this and the trouble is completely removed from the system. I suggest you to do this task. This helps to solve the trouble.

Hi, I had faced the same difficulty. Then after visiting so many sites I realized that the actual reason behind that. Then I try to install ndiswrapper in the system. I have done this in the specific order. This is to be helpful to use the windows driver for WN422G. Then the trouble is not occurred later on the system. I suggest you to use these solutions. This is the most useful solutions and I try this one. I think it helps to solve the trouble.

Hey dude, I think you had not installed the zd1211 driver and hence the issue is present in the system. There is so many ways to solve this kind of issues. You need to install this driver on the fedora system. This driver is useful for connectivity in the Linux based operating system. Then download this driver from the linuxwireless organization site. This site will provide the facility to download this driver files. Then download and install it onto the system.