Thread: Two Windows 7 computers are unable to observe each other on the network

Two Windows 7 computers are unable to observe each other on the network

I have two computers with Windows 7. There is a desktop with Windows 7 Pro and the other is a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I am using a Linksys wireless router e2000 N. When I first got my laptop and configure the network, the network and group home easily set up and both teams could be very well and share files without any problem. Suddenly one day, both of them were not able to see each other on the network and not anything had altered with settings or configurations that I was aware. Both teams were in the same group in the home and both had the same passwords. I even removed both from the group home and went through the process again. When you go back through the network setup again, there was a short-term connection in the laptop could see my desktop and file sharing, but the desktop was still unable to view the laptop. Please help.

Re: Two Windows 7 computers are unable to observe each other on the network

See there can be many reasons why you are not able to connect two computers together. I think that there may some firewall issue which is not allowing you to connect those two computers. So are you really running any firewalls or antivirus program? Well this can be the problem why you are unable to view the connection. Just disable them once and check the connection. I hope this helps.

Could be one of those issues of Windows network. I have in my Windows network experience with doing "strange things" as it has not seen a team / share when it should. You certainly have covered the potential of the main problems in the home group / working group and the same key logins. These two elements are things that tend to trip most people in this situation. Well just have a look at it.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe somehow there is some extra latency to your wireless network is causing some troubles for Windows. This thinking is that things seemed to work when using a wired connection. In this it has tried to reorganize the router to factory settings and re-created? I hope this solves your problem and if solved then do reply. It can help others too.

Another thing I thought of you is try to run iTunes in any of the system? If so, then chances are you may have Bonjour installed and I think there are cases caused Bonjour networking in Windows do strange things. I think you can use programs like CCleaner. This program will basically help you to eliminate bonjour present in any of the two systems. Well this is not a sure shot method but I hope this works for you.

Read the start connections on the wireless router. You need to connect for the first time the laptop with the router. The computer recognizes the router and adapts it, and after that you can disconnect the telephone-type cable from the laptop and router and wireless technology. This is just the essence of how to connect without a desktop computer. You, of course, must contain an Internet connection, and through the cable. And you connect the cable to the router in the right place. Again, read the router instructions with awareness and make sure that you already contain some connection to the Internet such as cable modem or DSL. And now try connecting both the systems. This will surely help you to connect both the systems.