Thread: System infected by Virtumonde.sci

System infected by Virtumonde.sci

Today when I opened up my system firefox was crashing on its own I was taken a back by the strange behavior of the system so what I did was did a good scan of the system with the spybot and it came up with Virtumonde.sci register key so what I did was removed it then I did a reboot of the system and then when the system started it gave me a message that the system is infected. So I am very much worried now in spite of scanning the system with the spybot 2 then also it is giving me the problem now I am really worried as if what will happen with my system? If you have any help for me then please do help as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: System infected by Virtumonde.sci

See if you are scanning the system with the spybot then make sure that you need to disable TeaTimer so that it doesn't interfere with fixes. Also make sure that you run the spybot 2 in the advanced mode and I am sure you must be knowing on how to run it in the advanced mode. Now Download ResetTeaTimer.bat file to the Desktop it is very necessary to remove all entries set by TeaTimer, after having done that perform a system scan and then again run the ATF scanner in the system that will be of good help for you.

I think so in this situation it is very much advisable to go with the malware bytes Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your Desktop and run it in your system it is a very much effective tool for you in such situation so that’s why I prefer to make use of the malwarebytes in the system, it is much efficient than the spybot 2. so that’s why I am recommending you to make use of that in your system so hope you have got the necessary information.

Ok thanks for the suggestion as such I am having the avg free version in my system and hence I have made use of that in the system but it has not delivered any results anyways thanks for the recommendation of the malware bytes that you have given here and I will make sure that I work on it lets see if that works for me or not, I will get it downloaded now only and will get back to you guys as soon as possible.

Yes malware bytes will not return any log of malwares in the system make sure that you follow the instruction that is been given in the first solution scanning from the atf scanner is very much important in your case and hence that’s what the main thing that you need to keep in your mind. Rest I am thinking that if you follow the same way that is been given then the desired output will be very much interesting to take a note of.

Thanks for all the solutions that you have given here and I am happy with the responses that you all have given here now I can finally say that my system is not affected by the malware your steps did work for me so I am very much happy with the positive outcome that I have got here, so much appreciate your efforts for the solutions that you have given here I wll recommend this solution for my friends as well.