Thread: Recurring Trojan cookie pmocntr2

Recurring Trojan cookie pmocntr2

I hope you all have read the title properly well guys that’s the problem here the thing is that a cookie named as pmocntr2 is getting repeated on my log reports and the antivirus is calling it as a Trojan cookie so with that I am extremely worried about the results so that’s why I need to know what do you all think what can be the reason here for the antivirus calling that cookie as a Trojan and also what are the ill effects of that cookie in the system, please do answer out the queries as I am waiting for your answer.

Re: Recurring Trojan cookie pmocntr2

Well it is definitely strange that the antivirus is calling the cookie as a antivirus so can you please let me know which is the antivirus program that you are using for your system as such if it is tagging as a Trojan then there must be some genuine threat to the system so it would be advisable to clear out all the cookies of your browser so that is the only option that I can give it to you at this moment of time in case I get some other suggestion for you then I will post it here.

Ok thanks for your quick and a prompt reply on this one and I am very much thankful to you all for giving out the required suggestion for me so appreciate your efforts for the same. The antivirus that I am using is the Virus Total so now what do you have to say about this suggestion well I have answered whatever you had asked me to answer so now its your chance to give some solutions for me so do reply fast I am waiting.

Well the antivirus that you are using is not a good one and I would advise you to switch to the Spybot it is very much recommended antivirus program from my side and hence that the option that you can stick to, many of my friends are using the same antivirus program and they had no complaints yet so that’s what the solution is for you, try switching to the spybot and it will scan your entire system and then it will flush out the cookies as well In your system, so that’s my recommended solution for you.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given here well let me tell you that I have already tried with the spybot yes it did manage to clear out the cookies that were being flashed but unfortunately that cookies still managed to repeat again, so that’s where the exact problem lie. I have also checked out the windows entry file and the log report shows
    %UserProfile%\UserData\WAPL0WFG\pmocntr2[1].xml 40 bytes
    MD5: 0x301E1298E130E7CC7D541A38FEC3F422
    SHA-1:
    0xB88E26D46E61B86EB4F39A680FD0676D5AB71ED0
    So what do you all think what can be the issue here?

Just type in regedit.exe command in the command prompt and then delete the pmocntr and pmocntr2 that you get to see in the command and so that’s what I was saying here switch to some good anti malware program like malware bytes it is really a good program to run, so you can have a look at that as well. So I hope you have got the necessary suggestion. Do work on it and let me know what was the final outcome for you.

I have the same problem. Did HiSpeed's solution work for you, bAALAaDITYA? Incidently, I haved run full scans from Avast, Malwarebytes and the Microsoft security scanner, none of which flags pmocntr2[1].xml as a virus. My computer feels very slow, as though it might have a virus, though.
    Doesn't anyone have any more information wbout what this Trojan might have done? Thanks, . . . avhfj