Thread: Is SweetIM a spyware?

Is SweetIM a spyware?

Guys I am getting to hear that this particular IM is a spyware? So is it true though I did a thorough search in the internet about the same and what I got to hear is that it is not a spyware while some of my friends are claiming that it is a spyware so what do you all think about this subject please do mention me something over here as I am very much interested in knowing your opinions on these topic so please do specify I am waiting for your opinions here.

Re: Is SweetIM a spyware?

Yes that’s true indeed because some of the people are tagging SweetIM downloads a firewall bypasser of some sort, so someone which passes the firewall rules and regulations it cannot be considered as a safe object so as such I am waiting for the log report from the other users who are claiming that SweetIM is a spyware so once I get the detailed reports from all of them then only I would be in a state of position to answer out all the queries. So hope you have got the necessary response here.

Well I am one of the user who is facing some problem with the SweetIM the thing is that I am having this SweetIM in my system and I am trying my level best to remove this SweetIM from my system but it seems that it is totally unremovable and hence I am totally confused at this stage on what should be done next to remove this application from my system if you ask me then I will say that it should be termed as a malware and not a spyware someone which refuses to be moved out of the system in spite of the several attempts.

Yes even I am one of the affected users of SweetIM and hence even I want to share some of the experiences of using the SweetIM. Well the main disadvantages of using the SweetIM is that it sends a hidden link to your buddy that contains spyware. So there might be a possibility that your friend will send it to others and hence the spread will continue it is very much correct that it does not get removed from the system had it been a safe program then it would have not given any problems as such so that’s what I am trying to say here.

See I have got one solution for you if you are unable to remove the SweetIM from the control panel then there is another method that you can try here is the trick try deleting the folder Microgaming in Program Files by typing in SweetIM in Start Menu you will have to search for that file. Remove all subsequent folders and installation .exe files that you get to see there. Then go to the Start menu and run regedit.exe command, after that under edit, type in SweetIM. Delete the folders and all entries with SweetIm. That’s a better solution for you do give it a try.

Hey thanks for the help guys and was really not aware of the steps to remove the program from the system itself so that’s why I went ahead and tried working on the solutions that you have given well it really helped me a lot and finally I was able to remove the SweetIM from the system now my system looks to be much better and that’s all because of you all your support did really help me a lot.