Thread: local only connection to linksys e2500

local only connection to linksys e2500

im not good in computers..i have an hp pavillion dv6000 that i am trying to connect wirelessly at home with a linksys e2500..i can connect locally but no internet..can somebody help me?

Re: local only connection to linksys e2500

Most of the linksys routers have a special IP Address in which you can type in to the browser and set up the router, normally the router might be blocking some parts of your internet connection. In any operating system you have to set up a password for the network router and then it would connect. The default linksys router setup address is 192.168.1.1.

like what do u think are being blocked by the router?

Have you tried to temporarily turn off the software firewall, and see if that helps. If you are using Zone Alarm, some users have had to uninstall it to get the firewall turned off. Give your network a unique SSID. Do not use "linksys". If you are using "linksys" you may be trying to connect to your neighbor's router. Also set "SSID Broadcast" to "enabled". This will help your computer find and lock on to your router's signal.

SSID was changed..i have another laptop that can connect. but this HP cannot. i tried updating my network adapter and vista (coz thats what linksys people adviced me to do)..still did not work. my network adapter is atheros AR5007 802.11b/g wifi adapter. is it possible that my adapter cant understand the signal of my router (coz my laptop is probly 3 1/2 yrs old)...

I am having the same problem I can connect to the wireless network but no internet access. red cross in the network dialogue. Another reason I hate windows especially vista

Quote Originally Posted by Naebother View Post
    I am having the same problem I can connect to the wireless network but no internet access. red cross in the network dialogue. Another reason I hate windows especially vista
    Have you tried resetting the TCP/IP stack in Windows to possiblly repair the Internet connection if it is corrupted. All you have to do is just go to Start, Run and type in CMD. Type the following commands:

netsh int ip reset reset.log
    netsh winsock reset catalog

After that restart your computer and check whether you are getting to the internet or not.

smile Re: local only connection to linksys e2500

thanks but i took it back and got my money back.

i likethe 90% crap tag

you should change to mac from windows and the percentage may reduce... cheers nB