Thread: W32 registry values are not getting matched by the default values

W32 registry values are not getting matched by the default values

Yes that’s the problem here I had a check of all my registry keys and looked out for its default values and believe me none of them were getting matched here now hwy is that so I did have a reference with a good website named social technet and I checked the default value from there but still I could not find anything similar in the default values there I am doubting that something suspicious things are happening in my system and I must have a close look at it so what should I do in such situation please do give some advice.

Re: W32 registry values are not getting matched by the default values

Well if that is the case then you better not worry scan your entire system with a good antivirus program I think that will solve the problem for you. Well it can be a case of malware in the system which is giving you such kind of problem, so make sure that you are having a close look at the system it is the malwares which can have a direct contact with the registry and hence they have the capacity to change the default values of the registry so be careful what you are doing next time.

I think there is an option to setback all the key values to defaults so better you try with that only, I think that will set all your options to default. So that’s what I am saying here hope you get that option quickly and set them to the defaults well if you have many user accounts in your system then you must make sure that you are not allowing everyone to have an access to the registry keys I know that registry keys can be accessed with a simple addition of regedit.exe in the command prompt but that is the thing that you will have to be careful with. Please ensure that you make some arrangements for the security of your system because it seems that some other user is making some wrong use of the registry keys in it.

Yes even I completely agree with the above user see if the above solution is not working for you then let me give you a quick solution for the problem and the solution is that try replacing the win32time.dll file with a factory version and hence what that will do is that it will clean up all the registry and add some new fresh files again, so that’s a very risky operation see to it that you are under the supervision of any senior technical person while, carrying out such complex operation.

See if none of the solutions are working for you then it is better to have a talk with the Microsoft support staff regarding the same and hence I think they will answer out your query much better remember you need to have a talk with them only when there is no other option left before you so that’s my piece of advice for you so go ahead and have a talk with them and get back to us if you have managed to get some solutions for the problem.

Hey thanks for your quick reply I will definitely have a look at the problem and will inform you accordingly so thanks for giving em the solutions I will definitely look at the problem and see to it that it does gets solved as soon as possible. So thanks for recommending that solution for me. That definitely look to me as one of the better solutions to solve the problem, so that's what i want to say here thanks a lot for all the help.