Thread: Belkin N+ Wireless Router drops connection.

Belkin N+ Wireless Router drops connection.

All network sound people out there. Please assist me to come in the networks. I am running a cyber café in my area. I am running my cyber in a wireless environment. I am having Belkin F5D8235-4 Wireless Router. It gives me a great sorry amazing speed. My clients having satisfied reports with it. But they don’t know that after every 30 minutes I swap the connection to my temporary wired connection. Because after every half-an hour the Belkin router goes down. I don’t know the exact reason. Can anyone tell me?

Re: Belkin N+ Wireless Router drops connection.

Wow!!!! I must appreciate your skill of networking. You will go longer in this business. Because running the whole cyber café on the wireless media is not an easy job. But I will definitely give the easiest solutions for making your router continuously up and also to help you for seamless connectivity. First solution is to set all the settings to the factory defaults. You might be using the windows wireless connectivity utility. Try reinstalling that software. This may fix up your problem.

Hmmm, there can be more possibilities of problems like your wireless router may not be working properly. It may be shifting the servers due to malfunctioning. If you are using windows then you might be having windows wireless utility. If it is giving errors of missing file then you may need some changes like re- installing of software. Another possibilities might be re-installing the drivers of the router. Otherwise the most and the best alternative is to submit the router to the technical support centre.

The best solution I will suggest you is to re-configuration of the router. Basically one thing I would like to tell you that if you want to work in wireless environment you must use the pioneer manufacturer routers in the market. It can be like Linksys, Cisco router, or D-link routers. These routers really work hard for your wireless duties. So when you are planning to fly higher always use and follow the high fliers only. Because personally my opinion is not good about Belkin routers.

I will suggest you in a step guide. The actual configuration while checking and correcting the existing configuration of the wireless router. Follow that: -
    Start the very basic setup.

Set the router to 11b only with no security, please keep the DHCP enabled,

All wireless stations should be set to allowed access. See if that connection is stable.

If that is not stable, you probably have a defective router.

If it is stable, then try 11g with no security.

If that is stable, then try 11g with WEP enabled.

If that is stable, then try 11g with WPA.