Thread: How to remove the TROJAN-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

How to remove the TROJAN-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

I dont know how did my pc get infected with the trojan-bnk.win32-keylogger.gen virus. I have tried removing it with the AVG antivirus that is installed in my pc, but due to some reason, after every reboot it comes back in my pc. I have searched for some solutions on the internet but everywhere it is mentioned I need to purchase a malware removal tool to get rid of this virus. Is there any free solution for this? Thanks

Re: How to remove the TROJAN-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

I would suggest you to delete the below registry keys that I have specified. To open registry editor, click on Start and then in Run type regedit. Aftert that search and delete the follow registry keys:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe”
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe” -safe-mode
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “iexplore.exe”
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″

Also check the below thread for more information:

Fake windows recovery showing up Trojan infection

Re: How to remove the TROJAN-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

Even I was facing this same issue but I have now solved it. First of all you need to click on start and then right click on my computer and then go to Windows Explorer and then go to your C:drive and under that delete all the files from the below location:
    %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\av.exe
    %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\WRblt8464P

Once you have deleted the above things then restart your pc to take effect.

My laptop was infected by Trojan- BNK. Win32. Keylogger. gen.
    After 2 days of grief and utter frustration I got rid of it!!!
    How?

Boot your computer into Safe Mode (without networking) by restarting the computer and, after the Dell logo screen has disappeared, repeatedly tapping the F8 key to bring up the Advanced Options menu. Select Safe Mode to load a minimal version of Windows without the virus active.

Create another User Account with Administrator access. To do this, perform these steps:

Click Start, then Control Panel, then User Accounts and Family Safety, and click User Accounts.

Click Manage another account.

Click Create a new account.

Type the name you want to give the user account, click the Administrator account type, and then click Create Account.

Reboot the computer to normal mode.

When the new account is created... open new account and restore your computor to a known safe date.

Then download a safe Antivirus scan ie AVG free (onlyafter you have successfully restored) and set the scan going and fingers crossed you should be free.

I did mine a week ago and still safe
    Good luck

You can also download the below tool to get rid of this virus.
    Attached Files Attached Files