Thread: How to scan a particular drive in Norton Internet Security 2011

How to scan a particular drive in Norton Internet Security 2011

I hope you have read the question properly well one thing that i need to know from you all is that i know how to scan the entire system with the norton but how to scan a selected drive only in the system. I have tried looking for it but then i still did not get any idea on how to carry on with the procedure? So thats why i want you all to answer out my query i am sure you all will answer out for me so do reply as soon as possible I am waiting for your solutions.

Re: How to scan a particular drive in Norton Internet Security 2011

What a silly question haven’t you come across custom scan in your antivirus program, so you have to select the drive from there and you will get the solution that you were looking for. So that’s what I am asking you to do here, see just go to the custom scan and then select the location and then asking it to the scan it will scan that location only, so hope you have got the necessary response for your problem, I am sure you will get what you were looking for.

Yes that’s what even I was going to say good that you have said it earlier. Follow the simple steps to do a custom scan
    1) First go to the scan now and select custom scan.
    2) Now create custom scan, and then click on next select the folders that you want specially to scan or otherwise a simple click on the drives will do.
    3) Now you have to enter the scan name and then you will also be getting the option to set the scheduled time like when you want to get it scanned.
    4) So that’s a perfect solution for you.

Thanks for the quick reply that you have given here and I am very much happy with the response that I have got here, I did follow the steps that you have mentioned above and did the same thing and I selected the c: from the scheduled scan and accordingly started with the scan, so thanks for giving such a useful solutions for me the solution especially with the steps were very much useful for me, so appreciate that.