Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error 3039,69638 and Sonar Protection not working in Norton

Networking & Security

Old 13-05-2011

Error 3039,69638 and Sonar Protection not working in Norton

Well today i was just going through the different pages in my system and suddenly i came across a one screen page that asked me to scan the system, I did click on it as it was from the Norton, so on scanning it gave me an Error 3039,69638 and also gave an error message saying that an error occurred with the NIS. It was also indicating a sonar problem there. I went through the online support hoping that I get a solution for the same but no I did not get anything there, I also ran an live update that also did not gave me any fix in fact the update was not allowed to complete as well as it broked down in the middle. Now I am seriously not aware on what to do in such situation?

Old 13-05-2011

Re: Error 3039,69638 and Sonar Protection not working in Norton

The simplest solution for me in such scenario seems to be uninstalling and installing the Norton internet security 2011 again, I think thatís the best suggestion that I can give it to you. Apart from re installing one more suggestion that I would like to give is updating the antivirus with the latest version that is available in the internet I think that will be of very much use to you so you work on it and I am sure it will be of immense help form you.
Old 13-05-2011

Just check the main GUI of the program and check if you have kept the Sonar slider on, if you have not then you have to make sure that you have to keep it on why donít you take some online help, like there is a online fix available for the Norton users which scans your system and it might detect whatís the problem in your case, so I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here, work on the suggestions that I have given here I am sure it will be helpful.
Old 13-05-2011

Yes I have done that and have set the sonar slider as on but still it did not gave me any result. Now what should I do in such scenario? Can you all tell me as said above I have already tried with the online fix result but that also did not help me much I have clearly specified that above, still if you can give me some other solutions for the problem then do let me know. Yes reinstalling the NIS is left I will try with that apart from that is there any other solution for me then do let me know as soon as possible.
Old 14-05-2011

Then the last option is to have a talk with the Symantec support staff about this issue just mail them your problem and I am sure they will get back you with the solutions so all the best go ahead and have a talk with them about the problem they will surely be suggesting you some solutions for the problem, so go ahead and have a talk with them about your unusual problem and I am sure that will sort the issue out for you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,