Thread: Unable to see NIS 18.6 in Windows 7 Action Center

Unable to see NIS 18.6 in Windows 7 Action Center

Once more, NIS 2011 is not screening up in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Action Center (no firewall, no bug defense, and no spyware defense). This began just later than the update to 18.6 from 18.5 but earlier than the Windows Patch Wednesday patches. So, no finger-tipping, could be either Windows or NIS (timing does not seem well for Norton), but this necessitates to be fixed. I had this occurred quite a lot of times with 18.5 and the just solution was to reinstall 18.5. I necessitate reinstalling 18.6, but it's not on the link up till now. Anyone here have any idea on this?

Re: Unable to see NIS 18.6 in Windows 7 Action Center

Attempt the following, occasionally, unregistering and re-registering wmiutils.dll file will detach this trouble.
    1. Click on the Start, and after that just click on All Programs> Accessories > Run.
    2. In the Run box, enter the below text: regsvr32 /u WMIUTILS.DLL
    3. Click OK.
    4. Start again the computer.
    5. Click on the Start, and after that click on All Programs > Accessories > Run.
    6. In the Run box, enter the text: regsvr32 WMIUTILS.DLL
    7. Again Click OK.
    8. Start again the computer.
    9. This will solve your problem. Let me know the result after performing this.

That not at all worked with 18.5, but only for try I attempted it with 18.6. No joy. This is possibly a Norton trouble as it just occurs later than a Live Update - this time with the 18.5 to 18.6 update - and I can not at all notice a association with any Windows updates. Main thing is that the just way I have establish to accurate it is to reinstall the present NIS version, so I wish that 18.6 is obtainable for download as early as possible.

Strange thought, but is it probable that Live Update (and, possibly, NIS) necessitate to run enduringly as Administrator and, if so, how would that be talented? I look forward to this trouble would be determined in 18.6 - as it just in progress showing up in 18.5 - but as that's not the case, appearing for other looms. I notice others are starting to report this trouble. While can somebody from Norton forward your steps to addressing this?

I have attempted the whole thing written regarding this for 18.5 and currently it's shown up in 18.6. This was first, but was down the list, so one more was started. This is an ongoing trouble that Norton necessitates to address, whether it's a Windows trouble or a Norton trouble but my bet is on Norton given that it pursues a Norton Live Update, not any Windows updates). The just respond I know of is to reinstall the most recent version (and I can't download 18.6 up till now).

I am as well on Win7 x64 and this occurs each time there's a Windows Update. Restarting at all times fixes it. I don't know if the trouble is with Windows or Norton. It’s on my Windows 7 64 bit but with N360 I long-established that with the 18.5 there was no Action Center ingress but the moment 18.6 came down the Action Center flushed itself and showed the listing-- I in fact had it on screen while it occurred.

All I can say is that I have not observed any relationship between Windows updates and this trouble. When it the entire time takes place later than booting in the morning following a days-appeal of Live Updates, it has not, to the extent that I can memorize, occurred in the time-frame of a Windows Update. That undoubtedly was not the case for the 18.6 update that rose, along with the Action Center trouble, the day before Patch Thursday.