Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-05-2011

How to reset the spam folder directory?

Hi, I am using the Norton anti virus software and really it works very good, but since 2 days back it has started putting the SPAM?s in the junk folder and some of it in the deleted folder rather than in the appropriate one. And don?t some of it were just disappeared. And it is easy to get that those spam from the deleted folder. I want to move them in inbox in such a way that I can easily identify the spam?s so how to do that, or is there any other way?
Old 13-05-2011

Re: How to reset the spam folder directory?

My friend you haven?t mentioned which software you are using, because as the setting is little bit different in all the software, because as the new software releases it enhance some features that are not present in the precious one. As even I don?t know which version you are using but, the simpler way is to replace the version with another new version, I hope the problem will not persist again.
Old 13-05-2011

You can find the support from the internet also, as they have provide the separate section for the user support on their own website, click on the support tab, which you?ll get most probably on the upper right side of the screen, or might be its name will be like About or help and support, so click on that, there will be too many options regarding your software, like the year you have bought, so mentioned it there. As you mentioned your problem there will be some solution.
Old 13-05-2011

I was having the same problem as you are having, I just simply reset the folder again. I recommend you to do the same. Because sometimes it might be possible that, the it exceeds the limit for the folder, so it put the Spam?s in other folders automatically, so firstly you can do that, but still you get the same, I would recommend that uninstall the program and reinstall it, as by default I think this will surely solve your problem.
Old 13-05-2011

I am not sure about the method I am suggesting to you, but it is working with AVG anti virus, as you have mentioned that the spam?s are going somewhere else, you can simply reset all the setting to the default, as this would also include this mails also. And from the next time you will get the spam?s in the same folder where it has to be gone. Otherwise I would recommend you to buy AVG as it is the first ranked anti virus system for both, system security as well as internet security.
Old 13-05-2011

Have you ever try to dragged that folder for moving it? Or you may have done the like you have dragged it into the deleted items folder, or under some another directory. And it is possible that you didn?t released the mouse button when the spam folder was at the valid spot in the directory tree. So I would suggest you to drag that spam folder in the main directory where it was earlier. I hope this was the only problem you got.
Old 14-05-2011

Spams are the mails which we receives from the unwanted sources, so maintaining them is very difficult, as we have to use the anti virus software or you can prefer to such utilities that cleans the spams on every day base, but as you are not able to do that, i would request you, don't wait for the appropriate solution, rather in stall any other program, you can download it from the internet also.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,