Thread: FixTDSS.exe is not running in the system

FixTDSS.exe is not running in the system

Well I was instructed by the Norton Internet Security saying that I need to download the FixTDSS.exe. so when I downloaded it and tried to run that file In the system it gave me an error message saying that The dependency service or group failed to start. I had shut down all the application and also all the services but still I was unable to run that file in my system. I am running windows so is that an issue for not getting run properly. What do you all think about the issue?

Re: FixTDSS.exe is not running in the system

I think so you have been detected Tidserv rootkit in your system and hence you are advised to run this application in the system, well if nothing is getting changed with the current process then I advice you to run the Kaspersky`s TDSS Killer it is a much better tool and will give you some good solutions for the problem, it will kill the rootkit that I have specified above and hence you will not have to worry about it. so I hope you have got the appropriate solution.

I would like to add something here see what you have to do is run the TDSSkiller 2.5.0.0 program, I think this is the most effective tool against Tidserv, the FixTDSS is not a effective tool for you and hence it is certainly not advisable to continue with the product that I have mentioned here. So I hope you have got the suggestions that I have tried to explain you, see I am saying this product only because I had some good experiences with it really detects and cleans out the rootkit and hence the recommendation from my side.

Yes I completely agree with the above user I think the above tool that is mentioned by the user is the best of them all scan the system with that and after having scanned a quick scan with the malware bytes is highly advisable such that you get to know your system is protected totally from all the malwares. So that’s the best solution to try out for you, in case you are stuck with any other problem then do let me know I will try and work on the solutions.

Thanks for the suggestions I will definitely have a look at all the suggestions that you have given here and I will see if that it gives me any difference. I will try and search in the internet for the same and see if I get something out of it, so thanks for suggesting the solutions for me. I have seen that you have suggested me a lot of tools for me so thanks for that as well lets see if that is working for me or not.