Thread: A very strange problem with Unsecured Connections.

A very strange problem with Unsecured Connections.

My computer had a crash recently and while I am not sure if it's related, I now have a problem with doing various things with the internet. I get Unsecure Connection warnings asking me to leave the site or acknowledge that I "understand the risks" for websites I used to frequent all the time without any issue. Gmail included.

On top of this mess, I can't connect to a lot of things I used to. World of Warcraft servers, Minecraft servers, I can load up the Grooveshark website but I can't log in my account or get search results for music. If I move to other computers on the same network, however, it works just fine and dandy.

I've already wiped out my computer and reinstalled my operating system, something I needed to get done anyway, and bypassed the router. When these didn't work, I reset the Modem to factory defaults and rentered my account information, got back on the internet.. same issues. I can't shake it. I've wiped out my entire hard drive, everything is a fresh slate. I'm not sure what else I can do here.. If anyone can help, please detail to me your knowledge, my mind tends to skip about if there is anything missing between steps.

Thank you so much.

Re: A very strange problem with Unsecured Connections.

We seem to have eliminated security. Maybe it's something lower level, as the turbo mode enabled on the router? Some clients are good to ignore things that do not recognize; sometimes things have to be off to connect. You might also endeavor out your neighbor's low-level "advanced wireless" setting and attempt to replicate it within the router. Try account name blank, "admin" password, etc. maybe there is problem with your system network settings convert it to the default settings. Thank you.

Re: A very strange problem with Unsecured Connections.

Well, like I said. I bypassed the router and connected my computer directly to the Modem. For the sake of process and elimination. Same results all the way. >:

Affection Re: A very strange problem with Unsecured Connections.

I figured it out, and this is going to sound soo stupid of me.

My clock somehow reset to some sort of default, placing it to 2008. This supposedly works with the certificates when you browse websites and it pretty much saw everything as "Unsecured.