Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-05-2011

Internet Explorer always asking to close avgssie.dll add-on

I am really upset since last few days due to non-supportive actions and activities happening in my AVG software environment. I am not getting opportunities to read my e-mails placed on yahoo. Because every time I open my yahoo website or mailing client. Browser gives error of ? Internet explorer has encountered a problem with add-ons and needs to be closed. I also face problems while opening my G-mail a/c. it takes a lot of time to open my G-mail a/c. suggest any solution.
Old 13-05-2011

Re: Internet Explorer always asking to close avgssie.dll add-on

AVG is an user-friendly antivirus software. It has simple user interface. In your case I can suggest few important solution. The first and the most basic solution is repairing the antivirus software. Next solution is to reinstall the software. You can even try updating manually instead of updating automatically. If still you are persisting the problem then the most ultimate solution is to send those dumped files to the labs for online recovery. It may fix you problems.
Old 13-05-2011

It seems like the antivirus is completely captured the control over your activities. You can check whether you can access some more websites easily or not. If so then it can be a temporary traffic on G-mail. But as you are facing problem with Yahoo as well ,then I will suggest you to try reinstalling of the software. Or you can repair the software at the initial level. i.e. before reinstalling the software. Or you can uninstall the software permanently and can use some other softwares as an anti-virus.
Old 13-05-2011

I want to tell you one thing that if you are still using IE7 and also accessing Gmail from the same one then it may give you distorting connectivity. Because the latest Gmail, Orkut, facebook and other websites have made themselves compatible with IE8. So they may not give you sufficient performance on IE7. So you can try updating you browser version. Or you can try using Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox. These browsers may help you to be in touch with your Gmail a/c. try it.
Old 13-05-2011

Well said my techno-friendly friend. Technology is an issue where you must stay updated from time to time. If you use older technology with the latest service then you may come in problem. Or you may not enjoy the fun of latest and modern technology. Same problem is with you. You are using IE7 which is unfortunately become outdated for Gmail. So try the newer or some other browser with which Gmail is really compatible with. And the problem of pop-up may be solved after re-installation of AVG, grab it. And enjoy.
Old 13-05-2011

The problem is with the antivirus software for sure. Because the software is blocking the required pop-up coming in from yahoo server which are necessary for yahoo to download on IE7 in the latest environment. Gmail is also showing some signs of need for upgradation of softwares. Because your browser is becoming outdated and the websites you are looking for are much upgraded themselves. So try all the possibilities. No need to update the AVG.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , ,