Thread: Error while installation of norton safety minder

Error while installation of norton safety minder

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T410s. for my personal use. But sometimes my 14 old child uses it for some media applications. I have installed Norton antivirus on it. Because I have heavy use on internet on it. But I am experiencing a disturbing performance of this antivirus service. Because while using internet it warns me to install safety minder time-to time. I have also tried installing the same but it always gives certain errors. And the installation remains incomplete every time. The error says “This version of Norton Safety Minder requires Norton Online Framework to be installed first.” kindly suggest any remedy.

re: Error while installation of norton safety minder

Madam, even I was facing the same problem when I used to work on my Acer Aspiron series of laptop. I installed Norton internet security on my system. And they also provide a free service of safety minder in the package. This service is really useful for your usage. As your system is being used by your child as well. I think you must check it out the problem from its base. I .e you should check out the version of the Norton you have installed in your system and its compatibility with you OS as well. Kindly check it and if it’s not compatible then make changes accordingly.

Yes, you are right, madam you should try checking the compatibility of the installed Norton with the OS. If the OS is of lower version as compared to the Norton’s version then it may create problem also while uninstalling Norton, where as if OS is of higher version then you may get updates of Norton by connecting to internet. Safety minder is the most recent free service provided by Norton. Though its giving the problem but after getting the things alright that software may give you great surfing and secure experience as well.

I have used Norton only for a day but while uninstallations as well as while its usage it gave so many problems and headache to me that forced me to remove that software from the system. It also makes system very much slow. Computer loses its quality of speedy processing after such rude antivirus software. So I think madam should try some more alternatives available in the market for antivirus. It is also heavy software and disturbing software that it interfere the system processes while performing. So change your software and get some other antiviruses which are much better than Norton.

I agree with you sir. I am a student and have lost so much important data after uninstallations of Norton antivirus from my computer which forced me to format my windows system. Then I used quick heal, kaspersky, panda, net protector antivirus but they gave much better performances than this big daddy in antivirus market. I suggest you to uninstall this Norton software package and start using some other antivirus software which will definitely give you relief from all such issues.

Re: Error while installation of norton safety minder

I think all of you have really got bad experiences of Norton software same as me. I have also gone through such stages of irritation while using Norton internet security which always prompts you for installing some new packages which also forces your system to reduce the speed of processing. Sometimes your system may boot after an hour. This irritates and also causes hair loss as well. I think you should prefer using some any other antivirus software instead of stucking in the problems of the same software time to time.