Thread: connecting windows 7 desktop with windows 2003 server

connecting windows 7 desktop with windows 2003 server

I m really disappointed when I was attempting to make file sharing between the latest desktop OS WINDOWS 7 and the best server o/s named windows server 2003. I m really impressed by the performance of Windows XP after shifting the use of MAC O/s to windows O/s. but when I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows & I experienced that the connection between Windows & and Server 2003 is giving so many problems. If any one of you have gone through these scenarios please suggest any suggestions. I want to make file sharing between Windows & and Windows 2003 server.

re: connecting windows 7 desktop with windows 2003 server

You seem to be a techno-friendly person and continuous learner. It is really good to try new things instead of staying with the same for longer time. I have also gone through windows issues. They have really good file sharing systems but Windows has failed to give performance in case of Windows 7. I have used almost all of the O/S of the world like Apple MAC, Suse Linux, Red hat Linux, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Citrix Linux as well. After trying all I started using windows Xp. It has great desktop as well as server oriented application support. So better you prefer using Windows XP while making file sharing on the network. 

My dear friend I have worked as a technical support person for last few years. In today’s scenario the O/S manufacturers like Apple, Microsoft, Suse, Red Hat, are busy in making O/S which can communicate smoothly with the servers when they are in desktop environment and vice versa. Windows have made the best desktop O/S which is windows XP. It responds well in server environment as well. It will give you pure fun while using it for communication with the server. Unfortunately Windows 7 is not much supporting O/S for server applications. So better you prefer using Windows XP while working with server applications and for best GUI experience Windows 7 can be the best option. Go ahead.

I am a MAC user. I have not personally used Windows O/S but I have seen that Windows attempted to give a challenging display property in developing Windows 7. It has given a tough fight to Apple in case of GUI base. But if you say about the Networking support and technical soundness and response to the server based applications Windows is too far from MAC. So can’t prefer windows 7 in server related applications such as file sharing. But I have heard about Windows XP which responds well to the file sharing and other server related applications. So you may choose it as your O/s.

Dude it seems like many of the O/S friendly people came together and sat for the discussion on the best compatible O/s. but I think they missed 1 best alternative to make your problem little easier. I think you can try duel booting where you can get the best support of Windows XP as well as Windows 7. No doubt that Windows 7 has failed to meet network related expectations of the people. But it can be combined with the power of Windows XP. By installing both the options in a single system. Just install both O/s. and choose any of them accordingly with your requirements.

Re: connecting windows 7 desktop with windows 2003 server

My genius friend has well said. He has given you the best possible solution for your problem you can make installations of both the O/S on your desktop. Whenever you are using server related networking operations you may use windows XP and whenever you want to use the best GUI or other multimedia related applications you can use Windows 7. Or without waiting you can start using windows server 2008. This may be a costly alternative as well. Choice is yours……