Thread: Norton Toolbar 5.5 mismatched with Firefox 4 RC1

Norton Toolbar 5.5 mismatched with Firefox 4 RC1

When will this be well-matched? Microsoft has released internet explorer 9 Final on March 14th around 9pm PST. I suppose that Mozilla will shortly release Firefox 4.0 Final after. IPS toils with Firefox 4.0 RC1 but not the Norton Toolbar 5.5. Earlier than anybody says it, I know Symantec doesn't sustain beta products. Anyone have any idea on this? Please if anyone here has any information or any type of solution for me than please provide me.

Re: Norton Toolbar 5.5 mismatched with Firefox 4 RC1

Generally, Norton does not formally support new browsers until soon later than the release of the final version. One time internet explorer 9 and Firefox 4 have been confirmed and the toolbar and IPS plug-ins can be correctly experienced they will be supported. The grievances from early adopters regarding new browsers not being right away supported pale next to the ones you will read if the toolbar and IPS are not completely tested and end up breaking other things in the browser.

I have presently downloaded the firefox4 release candidate, I as well have the compatibility add on and toolbar does not work up till now here for me. I am quite savvy with Firefox products as well. I am utilizing Windows 7 64bit NIS2011 anyone had any fortune with this and while does Norton seem like getting a solution. I truly dislike utilizing internet explorer it’s just below attack way too much for me to utilize, I don't like being captured.

Would be great if somebody from Norton would in fact give us a few form of clarification as to why it at a standstill doesn't work with FF, in its place of utilizing the similar excuse regarding FF not being formally released up till now. FF will be formally released and the toolbar at a standstill won't work immediately. It's not like FF4 was urbanized suddenly! Maybe they mistook the number of people which actually utilize FF? Internet Explorer usage is in refuses, and has been for an extensive time now. Don't take my word for it; take a look at the authorized statistics which gets released each few months. Internet Explorer is no longer the just browser around.

I newly downloaded and setup Firefox 4.0 and the Norton Toolbar 5.5 does not toil, except I do what I did previous and utilize the add-on compatibility writer from Mozilla. You would think that Symantec would have prepared it well-matched previously. To the users bad tempered my fix does not work. It does there is evidence in the form of a screen capture. It is not my mistake you can't get it to work. I just need the Norton Toolbar so I can start utilizing Firefox 4. The Norton Toolbar is the one Firefox 4 add-on which is prevents me from utilizing Firefox 4 all the time. I can do without a few of my additional add-ons which aren't Firefox 4 well-matched, but not the Norton Toolbar.

I just upgraded from Firefox 3.6 to 4.0 and my Norton toolbar didn't emerge. I was very astonished. Now, I am not just amazed, I am let down in Norton. When will Norton catch up and make itself well-matched with the second most well-liked browser in America? From my point of view you should have been functioning with the betas of 4.01 so they would be set upon release. I am let down. I do wish that while you lastly get it right, you will let all of know how to obtain the Norton toolbar on our Firefox 4. I expect you will get it taken care of well earlier than its time for me to restore my subscription.

Later than the first upgrade to FF4, my toolbar disappeared completely too. I did pursue the instructions that someone recommended the compatibility reporter add-on, and installed it. This encouraged a resume of FF4. After start over, I make out that my Norton Toolbar was reinstated along with individuality Safe, however, as I expected, Identity Safe is partly crippled. My logins are all at a standstill visible below the dropdown; however, the 'auto-fill' functionality does not work. Later than the nightmare I experienced last year for Identity Safe with the foremost 3.6 FF release, I got smart and backed up my Identity Safe logins, so I am not anxious regarding my data, but the product is now crippled.