Thread: Need help with setting up of Anti spam protection in Norton AntiVirus

Need help with setting up of Anti spam protection in Norton AntiVirus

Hello everyone I need some help from you all with the setting up of the anti spam protection in my Norton. Well as you see I do not have exact idea of how to carry on with the procedure so that’s why I have decided to ask this question with you all. So just give me some tips on how to go on with the setting up of the anti spam protection in Norton. I need some protection with that especially for my AT&T E-Mail service.

Re: Need help with setting up of Anti spam protection in Norton AntiVirus

We would be very much happy to help you but before that I would like to know which version of the antivirus are you using? It would also be great if you can give me more information on the system’s configuration. So that would be of good sue as well. So please do send in your replies as early as possible so that we will get an idea of which version of Norton are you using? So please do reply in quickly.

Ok I will surely answer that for sure. See I am using the norton 360 4.0 and also the email service that I am accessing is AT&T Mail which is powered by yahoo mail. Well I am not aware of the email ports that I am using so please do forgive me for that and one thing I need to know what is the systems configuration role in it, well I have a good configuration in which the antivirus runs very well, so hope you have got the necessary response that you were looking for now answer out my query quickly.

Ok then in that case what you have to do is look out for the account settings in the anti virus program. Now once you reach there check out for the SMTP port that will be followed by a number, like 465. Once you have got that search for the POP3 port which is followed by a number called 995. Now In case you are not getting that then try looking for use encrypted connection option that will also be of good help for you. So I hope you have got the necessary response.

Ok thanks for letting me know about that ok I have cleared out that and I will have a check about that later now I need to know will the anti spam help me filter out the spams if I access my mail through the different mail network for example in my case I am accessing it through the yahoo mail network, so what do you all think will that allow me to filter mails? If yes then do let me know about that as I am really very concerned about it so do reply to me fast.

See in that case it will not give you protection see the antivirus will provide you protection only if you are downloading mails from the said website to any of the email client program like microsoft outlook. Only in that case it will provide protection for you. So in your case you are viewing mails from the different network and i dont think so that the antivirus will provide you any protection for the same, so hope you have got the necessary information on the topic.