Thread: Norton Installation fails on Windows 7

Norton Installation fails on Windows 7

Hello friends, I have got stuck on one strange condition which I have never faced before. I am trying installing Norton safety reminder on my Windows 7 ultimate 32bit system. I have used many antivirus before, but this Norton is giving me error. It shows me installation fail, when I click on agree and install button. I have also tried removal tool but nothing is helping me, I will be very thankful of you all if anyone from you give me the proper solution for this. Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Norton Installation fails on Windows 7

Hello, I think there is some error with Norton antivirus packages, because I have seen many people who are suffering from the same problem. I am also facing such error, even my computer shows me error message and also it says that the framework needs to be installed first. When I am trying send an error report to Microsoft, nothing happens to it. After that I wanted my PC clean with no error that’s why I did uninstall it and now I am using other anti spyware program. Thanks you!

Hey friends, I am completely agreed with the above post that, this is the most common error in Norton installation. I was also trying to install the same software on my Windows 7 but it was not working properly, after got bored of same error I did the fresh installation of XP and then I tried to install Norton safety reminder on PC. I am feeling strange but it worked on XP. I thing this software doesn’t support Windows 7, I think we should do some more research on it. so as per my suggestion try with XP, it works good in XP.

Hey dude, I also want to share one of my bad experience with you all. I was visiting some other website solve this error. After reading post on other website I tried to install the Norton 360 on my system, you won’t believe that when I did this on my system, my system got stuck and performance on my PC was so down, I was not in condition to do anything. After that I did the new installation of XP with SP3 and now I am using AVG internet Security for the time being, but I swear that I will not use Norton anyhow. So you also leave this, then choice is yours!

Hello everyone, I want to share one of experience and critical information about this topic. As my friends have mentioned in the above post that Norton safety reminder works good with XP, as the same Norton Online Family does the good support in Windows 7. Those who are having the same problem in Windows 7 then they can try Norton Online Family. No need to format the PC just uninstall previous and install this new one. All the Best and Enjoy the technology.

Hey I have got through to my problem, we it took 1 long day but finally I am able to use Norton on my Windows 7 console. Other problem I came to know that there was another antivirus application was installed on my Pc, I came to know when I was installing Norton online family the same error occurred and when I saw in the list there was another application running. Then I did uninstall and then again tried to install and I solved my error. Thanks a lot to all!