Thread: Computer screen freezes after installing AVG 10.

Computer screen freezes after installing AVG 10.

Hello friends, I am facing some problem in AVG 2011 antivirus. I have downloaded the trial version of AVG with version 10 to see how it works, when I complete with installation it asked me for reboot and when I did the reboot, I was not able to connect to the internet as it was needed update. After that I found that some SVG filters, which were preventing the internet connectivity, I fixed it by switching off it, after one more restart when I tried to use PC I was not able to use it, my screen was got froze at startup. Can anyone tell me how can I fix this error? Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Computer screen freezes after installing AVG 10.

Hey dude, as per my prospective, just ignore the AVG antivirus. I have also used the same version and also I was facing the same error which you are facing right now. Just try to uninstall it and even delete it from temp folder and registry key, after doing this wait for the reboot and see still screen is freezing or not. This antivirus is not good, I have seen in many reviews. If your screen still freezes then try to install your router driver again, AVG filter always mess up the drivers. So all the Best and choose some other antivirus.

I have gone through to question and I am completely agreed with above post, and I also recommend that not to use AVG antivirus. If above solution doesn’t work for you then just do the system restore on your Windows and again reboot the PC. After that uninstall the Network driver and again install it, as mentioned in the above post that AVG always mess up with network driver. As per my opinion you must forcefully remove the AVG though it is half there in the system and fix your error, All the Best!

Hi, if above all step doesn’t works for you then I have one solution for you related to AVG antivirus. Never use trial version on Windows, it always get stuck with many of the drivers. See the steps below:
    • Go to start menu chose run command
    • Type “msinfo32” after that press enter
    • You will see the AVG antivirus there, just disable it and save the settings
    • Reboot the PC
    I hope this will help you to come out of your problem. Thanks you!

Hey thanks lot friends, as I have solved my error with related AVG antivirus. I have tried above mentioned solutions. Uninstalling network driver didn’t worked for me, even I have removed AVG forcefully from registry editor also, but nothing was working for me. and then I tried the solution of System information, and it worked for me, but I got that there is some low performance in my system that’s the reason I did the fresh installation of Windows 7 ultimate 32bit. But all of the ideas are good. Thanks a lot again.