Thread: dll file is detected as a virus in the antivirus scanning

dll file is detected as a virus in the antivirus scanning

My system is using vivid workshop and it has file with .dll extension. I am using Avast antivirus software. Whenever it scans system it detects this .dll file as a Trojan file. i always give command to skip the file while scanning. Though my system is not giving any unhealthy symptoms’, I have installed the vivid in the system. So what can be the issue, can anyone suggest me the solution. I have used the software for years but every time I face this issue with my antivirus. Please suggest me the solution.

Re: dll file is detected as a virus in the antivirus scanning

Basically a .dll extension file is a set of executable files. So it makes connection between any particular device and the software as well. Whenever the .dll file is unpacking it will ask for executing some commands. So in case of antivirus the program is developed on some limited environments. It can execute only limited commands. And has only programmed on the basis of virus detection. So any kind of different file can be detected as virus.

.dll extension file can execute the files in different manner. Vivid is not the exception. As you are using the antivirus which is a program never understands or accepts any unusual actions taken by the software, it considers the same as a virus. So not only the vivid’s .dll file can’t go through the scanning without being detected as a virus. It may not be harmful for your system. But the antivirus software may call it as a malware, spam, virus or any such material which is harmful for your system .

While using the antivirus it must be given some exceptions if you are using any kind of special software. Vivid manufacturers have clearly stated that they have taken special care of causing no harm to the saved data or the data created after huge hard work. But beyond that if the damage is created the manufacturers are not responsible for that. So before using combination of antivirus as well as such risky software, because antivirus software will do its duty of cleaning and if unknowingly it cleans the .dll file from the system, it may clear all your worked data. And it will make you a headache.

Vivid is very high intensity software. But if you are using its downloaded version it may create harm to your system. So if you have downloaded that software from any torrent, it maybe a containing a real virus. Though it is in the form of .dll file the virus or the Trojan may get a great advantage of unnecessary execution of commands to your systems. And it may create a huge bottleneck in system. And if your system is in network it may harm other s as well. So get some good antivirus and then scan the system properly.

There are two possibilities of the .dll file execution. It can be a real Trojan or any virus, malware. Or it may be just an executing file which is not harmful to the system. Quick heal is the antivirus which has a good antivirus manufacturer record in my system. I have used that software along with so many high definition software. But I never faced such issues. I have heard so many issues related with Avast. So try using some different antivirus software to overcome this problem permanently.