Thread: AVG 2011 update error

AVG 2011 update error

When I installed AVG 2011 antivirus 3 days ago that time the Antivirus was going so smoothly and also detecting lot of viruses from my computer but by now it is giving me so much errors and I don’t know how to resolve this trouble and the problem its giving me is that ‘AVG update failed’, it also says that ‘avgwdsvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be close”? I’m running windows 7 64-bit, AVG version 2011, virus database: 10.0.0.1375 and my windows failed to boot sometimes. Is this happening because of AVG giving me such errors? What precautions should I take before doing any changes to solve this problem?

Re: AVG 2011 update error

I was having the same problem with AVG 2011 antivirus but after that I came to know that there are some bugs in AVG 2011 when it was released. The update problem you are having with your antivirus is may be because your firewall is not allowing you to update your antivirus. You can give permission to AVG update service by doing some changes in permission in your firewall. Or there is also one possibility that AVG update need administrator permission for update so make sure that you are running AVG by administrator permission. This might solve your problems of updating but if not then try to install previous versions of AVG which are compatible with your operating system.

The problem of avgwdsvc.exe is a common problem in AVG as avgwdsvc.exe is belongs to AVG internet security. This avgwdsvc.exe error come from the software you installed in your system which stores data in you system’s registry .You should check your system’s registry to see if the system’s registry is containing any error or not. We need to take this into consideration that avgwdsvc.exe has not been announced as a safe service yet. If you don’t want to take any risk with your operating system or your entire computer system then you can stop this service as this service is not responsible for running your operating system and the solution for this problem is that uninstall AVG Internet security permanently from your system and check your system registry because uninstalling application can leave registry keys that can harm your registry. To check registry you can download any third party software like CCleaner

Always keep in mind that when when you install or download any update file make sure that you are installing update file manually, also make sure that downloading any software from any unknown web sites may give you system errors. Always try to download software’s from popular web sites which gives you safe downloading and safe surfing. After downloading antivirus from any web site, Go to the antivirus official site and download update file then open it in antivirus manually. After updating antivirus will ask for system reboot, if you do not reboot your system then you will have to remove avgrs.exe and avgchsv.exe manually from your system. This might help you a little bit.

If you are getting any error messages from your antivirus then try to re-install your antivirus and see if the problem still exists. AVG 2011 shows error in most of the operating system and specially in windows 7 but not in all windows 7 system and that also doesn’t prove that the problem is with your OS. Windows 7 has advance feature to solve problems automatically.. I was also having problem of booting after updating my antivirus then I followed some steps and the was gone for ever, if you are not able to start your OS then follow following steps- delete all .prepare files from AVG program directory- open AVG - menu Tools - Advanced Settings - Update - select ‘Manage and use the button to remove temporary update files’- restart computer- and then run AVG repair installation so restore AVG to previous working stage. This worked with me and I hope it will work with you also