Thread: Some doubts on Online Banking encryption

Some doubts on Online Banking encryption

I am having certain doubt with online transaction thing. What I did is opened by internet banking account in a mall. Then I closed it. At home I found a bit doubt on my password and account. So at instance I changed everything. I just heard my friends accounts was being accessed by someone else and that has feared me more. Does the online banking encryption are secure. I think they might be due to lots of new support. How to avoid from getting screwed under this.

Re: Some doubts on Online Banking encryption

There are some tips that you must try before performing online transaction. Do not open links contained in emails, but appear to belong to the official website. When you want to access your bank, it is preferable to navigate directly to the URL of the bank. Upon entering the site of a bank, always verify that the address begins with https. There is s after http which means secure access and in the bottom of the screen displays a padlock. These signals are additional elements to protect you.

First you must not forget to keep your online identity safe. It's the key, the password which you get when you go for online banking. Do not forget to manage passwords. It is common to use your name but do not go for some easy passwords. There are several types of attacks that can eat up your password. The password strength, is to use combination of uppercase and lowercase letters so that it cannot be easily guessable. Do not access your banking thing in public places.

Beware of phishing, do not trust them and not to click on links from email. Do not forget to meet the basic safety rules, such as have a updated antivirus, an intrusion preventer, a firewall and other security measures for basic protection. One way by which you can make your self more secure is by avoiding the installation of pirated and unethical software. Because the program can bring viruses or spyware that can harm you.

A fair practice that I always carry is login off the system when not using. It is really a bad idea to leave your system like that after an online transaction. Work on SSL which is a security protocol, through which it encrypts the data before they are released on the internet. The figure corresponds to 128-bit cipher strength encryption SSL. The bits are the unit of measurement, ranging from 40 to 128. Security is maximum here. This number represents the number of combination needed to crack the encryption key.

There is an easy guess for those who have more doubt on online security. If the connection is protected, a yellow padlock will appear closed on your Internet Explorer browser in the bottom right of your screen. For the Netscape browser, a key on a blue background will appear in the same place. If all these conditions are met and that your anti-virus and firewall software is updated, the banking transaction can be done safely. So can keep an eye on the same.