Thread: Does TCPView.exe can be a suspcious service

Does TCPView.exe can be a suspcious service

To track my net status I found a tool called TCPView.exe. I want some info on this tool how it works and what are the benefit of it. I just want a tool that can sniff my network and tell me that which applications is accessing which port. I had tried the same to do with some simple cmd commands but nothing works. But does TCPView can also be a suspicious applications because it sniffs your network without any interference.

Re: Does TCPView.exe can be a suspcious service

In Windows there are easy utilities that can track your net traffic. By typing netstat-a in a DOS window, you will get a list of open connections at this time. And if you want a much better utility that can give you in detail information on what is going on your network then you can use TCPView. It automatically refreshes the list of connection and allows you to immediately stop an exchange unwanted. So it can be useful service instead of suspicious tool.

It is a free tool and there is no major issue with the tools threat. All you need is to download and install this tool. And then run the tool in the background. Launch any other tool and then this tool will give you info on any type of fluctuation. Check the changes in this list. To stop a connection, click using the right mouse button, then choose Close Connection. If you just run this utility on all PCs, which means no more than 1 minute each, quickly find the / computers guilty of that mailing, and we devote our time to clean or reformat directly, as preferences each.

TCPView is a program that displays detailed information about TCP and UDP protocols of the system including local and remote addresses and state of TCP connections. You cannot count that as a threat to the system. In Windows NT, 2000 and XP TCPView also displays the name of the process that makes the connection. It is possible that some kind of spywares can behave like it and for run antivirus scan in your system.

It is right to say that more and more software modules that include Internet can transmit information without telling you. This services can be virus or some tools that runs without the users information and can be exploited. This are called spywares and do not worry they can be easily spotted if you know which servers to contact your computer. So all you need is to use some kind of network monitoring tool that can read your network traffic and tell you about the data transfer.

TCPView shows that Netstat information, which comes bundled with Windows. By downloading you can also use TCPView Tcpvcon, which is a utility that has the same functionality, but is used in the command. When running TCPView, it displays a list of all active TCP and UDP connections, resolving all IP addresses and displaying the domain name. By default TCPView updates every second but you can change the frequency of updates. You can also close TCP / IP set (which are labeled with ESTABLISHED). You can also save the output to a text file.