Thread: Honeyd script and honeypot deployment qwery

Honeyd script and honeypot deployment qwery

hi all you guys please tell me how to deploy this software, ie, pots of honey in Linux or Windows as I had got a dual boot machine with Windows XP. I had read about jars of honey that can be used to control the person you are trying to scan the ports on a network such as LAN and activity that way. my goal is to catch the kids who try to analyze my ports on my LAN,I know how they do, that is, when given lagoon is the other objective is of course the use of these ports honey any suggestions about this or any other better alternative is most welcome on my side

Re: Honeyd script and honeypot deployment qwery

A honeypot is a system that simulates the production systems for example, HTTP servers, SMTP servers, a network, etc. The idea is to win the attention of the attackers who, intentionally or not, want to enter the network. Once you can access your network, the honeypot must have mechanisms to record all activities, prevent the attacker to access other systems internal or external and disconnect the attacker, if things get out of control.

Joking aside this is a great operating system. I have installed cheese and added to the menu. The only thing keeping this puppy to be the largest operator in the world is an encryption utility class. I would like to encrypt the entire disk, but truecrypt does not allow Linux systems as I have read before. I would like to set up a hidden operating system and a decoy operating system. there are probably not many ways to achieve that but the reality of the matter is i would however love to see this happening.

this is a really good system though I guess Acronis will be able to restore a previously created backup and has the option to do so from a special boot disk, but if you are restoring an encrypted drive and have no access code, I am afraid that will not help much. there are many great features embedded in this operating software still there are many possibilities unexplored and would like to play with this and come to know more about them by myself.