Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011

how do we avoid practicing the wrong domain ?

We have too many accounts in our network for different services, but they all are in very awful condition. I have to work on administrator account, actually I want to disable the administrator?s account which is totally messed up but I don?t have any idea for configuring the account. Can we do it directly or we must have to use other third party software or any device for that?
Old 10-05-2011

re: how do we avoid practicing the wrong domain ?

If you are going to disable it, but before that you should consider the following things in mind like The Administrator account at the Active Directory level has power to control all the computers over computers that includes domain controllers within the domain. Through this user account it can get and even set the privileges to different users.
Old 10-05-2011

If you are planning to disable the administrator account here are some steps for disabling the Windows Server 2003 Administrator account, but I don?t know which version you are using, but I hope this may work for the same. First you open the control panel and then in that select the administrative tools in that you can find multiple option from that select the computer management, then select the Local Users And Groups from the console tree located left side and click on users. In details pane right click on administrator and select the property, a dialog box will appear with multiple tabs in that you select the general tab, there will be a check box for disabling, check it, and click OK. And after deleting that account you need to create a new account, right click on the pane and rename, and type another user name and press enter.
Old 10-05-2011

As you have mentioned you have so many account in the network, and the administrators account does too much work, so accordingly I would suggest you to not to disable the administrator account instead you can delete the unwanted general accounts. As the administrators account us too important for managing those account, providing the selected services and giving the rights to the local users all are done through this account.
Old 10-05-2011

If you have more than one administrator account I wools suggest you to disable the account which is not been used from the long time as some times it happens, such an unused account helps the intruders to get in the system and used it un-necessary which generally caused lost of data. So you have to determine the wrong usage of administrator account. Thus you can delete those accounts, and remain just on which you are working most probably.
Old 10-05-2011
If you have more than one administrator account I wools suggest you to disable the account which is

Or you may have other option too, instead disabling deny the access to the administrator account, this will keep the computer aside from affecting, and you won?t have to bother about disabling accounts and then creating the new accounts. You can do it by simple steps. Firstly, log on through administrative account then click on start button and select the administrative tools and then click local security policy. After that in the left pane you?ll find the option Deny access to this computer from the network, in local security policy setting click on ADD. After that click on the user and group box, click the administrator account and the n click add. Click OK, after you must have to reboot the PC so the changes take effect.
Old 11-05-2011

You can do another thing like deny some of the user by applying certain used policies, the major importance of this is like you can apply to both of t he yser fraternity, that's you can apply to normal user also and to the admin also if you have more than one admin. You may find the difference for setting up such a rights in policy in both the operating system, server 2003 and 2008. because it the 2008's version enhance some security towards domain from accessing through another person.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,