Thread: Is providing the sensitive information harmful ?

Is providing the sensitive information harmful ?

Hi, while I was accessing one of the e- commerce website, they were prompting for some sensitive information regarding my credit card information and bank information, though I know it is necessary but when I entered such an information the URL was not able to hide such information, and when I asked about this to site, they replied me with such a mail like “this websites is different than typical online store but it is completely secure”. Then I just rollback all my transaction due to this, but is it legitimate providing such an information or should I concern more about this?

re: Is providing the sensitive information harmful ?

No, I am I am completely disagree with the mail you had received, because the statement that they have sent you literally makes no sense. I would recommend you to just look at the recent response from the owner regarding the snafu. While buying online you can use the gift card rather than your credit card or may be the debit card. Using the gift card is the safest way to buying online, some restrictions are over there, along with that they serves many more additional features.

See, providing such an information must have to be concern because as you have mentioned about the online trading but If I say about the social networking sites doesn’t makes any sense of security, because it lead users to share information, with many different user s but it may also includes the cyber criminals and social engineers. So I suggest you not to give such information that likely to harm you unless you have proper information about that particular website.

As you some people are uncomfortable providing personal information over the internet, and whiles buying online you have to serve the sensitive information. But as each and every process has a pros and along with that cons are there, the very official and the trusted one have their own security algorithms that makes it secure. So don’t worry about that, but I personally recommend that avoid using the untrusted sites.

The advantage of doing the online shopping makes too much difference, as first of all you can save lots of money as they always provide the product cheaper than the official vendor, they get such benefit because they directly buy from the company itself and sell to us, but almost each sites are concerning about the security they all are trying to serve us the best. So don’t bother about this.