Thread: Best encryption algorithm for web services.

Best encryption algorithm for web services.

i am planning to start a web service and i thinking start at the start of a winforms app. And the webservice will return a list of strings connections but will be encrypted at server. Guys i need your help to decide the best Encryption algorithm in the server. I have very less knowledge of there things so gus can you tell me i will need a symmetric or asymmetric encryption? or the RSA? please suggest me the best encryption algorithm. i am gonna use chilkat components.

Re: Best encryption algorithm for web services.

I will recommend you the RSA encryption algorithm because its most standard algorithm on the net and if it gets properly implemented it won’t be cracked in acceptable time. it’s a asymmetric algorithm and it’s used for authentication, digital data signing and data encryption but you will need the key at both ends i.e. ate the sender and the client i.e. receiver. Sender will encrypt the file by using and receiver will decrypt the file by using key so you will have to set it for the client side also.

Even I will recommend you the RSA algorithm because it has strong mathematical background so it can’t be broken in the acceptable time. This is the most widely used encryption algorithm so you will get the most important thing in the encryption that is reliability. In this algorithm sender uses the private key to encrypt data and all receiver has public key which the uses to decrypt that encrypted data.

Well mate if you are using the Cilkat components then first download the Chilkat AES & RSA encryption component 2.2.0. Because it’s a advanced encryption component because it offers public key encryption with the digital signatures and it gives the symmetric encryption algorithms. It gives the ability to easily create the digital signatures for files, and it also verify digital signatures against the data and files coming to the end server.