Thread: Email encryption using SSL certificate.

Email encryption using SSL certificate.

I work in bank, and the mails I receive are mostly from my clients and my work is also to travel different places, i want my emails to be protected all the time because they contains very confidential data. i use the openSSL to sign the certificate request by the following way
    Code:
     openssl ca -passin pass:5234590 -policy policy_match -out 1.crt -infiles 1.csr
    , guys can you tell me a way to generate certificate that will just protect the email.

Re: Email encryption using SSL certificate.

Hey i had the same requirement for the emails i was receiving and reverting back. i have posted the same thread on this site only and one guy have given me the code which is working very well for me. The following code creates a CS certificate and the end-entity certificate for SMIME for the email encryption. And here’s the code
    Code:
    openssl genrsa -des3 -out ca.key 4096 
    openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -key ca.key -out ca.crt 
    openssl genrsa -des3 -out my.key 2048 
    openssl req -new -key my.key -out my.csr 
    openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in my.csr -CA ca.crt -CAkey ca.key -set_serial 1 -out my.crt -setalias "My E-Mail Certificate" -addtrust emailProtection -addreject clientAuth -addreject serverAuth -trustout 
    openssl pkcs12 -export -in my.crt -inkey my.key -out my.p12

I don’t have any idea about such codes but i am using the Comodo’s Free mail certificates, and it working very effectively for me. It allows me to use the digitally sign and encrypted features which were already built in my email client to secure and to authenticate the email coomunication. this works with IE, Mozilla, Opera, Safari. It fully encrypts the email communication. And it’s trusted by mostly all of the email clients like Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Entourage, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird Or any other S/MIME compliant software.

yeah that’s a good option you can use that Comodo’s free mail certificate, but if you want try a Free SSL certificate then try a free Thawate trial SSL certificate. It give up to 256 bit of encryption and it will display green color in the address bar and that means the address is secured. it’s a 21 day free trail you can give it a try as well because i am using and i didn’t had any issue till now i ma using it from a long time.