Thread: what is Data Packets

what is Data Packets

I am student and I am doing a BE in information technology . Today I got assignment on assignment on networking subject the topic is data packet and I have to submits this assignment is very soon . But problem is that I don’t have information about the data packet. So if any one of you has any kind of the information about the data packet terms of networking, please I request to please send this data to me.

Re: what is Data Packets

A data packet is also known as datagram, frame or a cell. Data on the network and on internet is transmitted in the small chunk known as packet. A packet is basic unit of the communication over the digital network. The structure of the packet is depends on the type of it and the type of the protocol. When a client computer transmits the data over the network, it uses the client network software to enclose the data in packet.

The data packet in the network contains the header and the footer. Different data packets use the different protocols in network. Every packet is composed of the header and the trailer and they contain the information to the destination computer. When data transmitted over the network it braked into smaller pieces whishes are then reassembles at the destination. Packet is transmitted as a electrical signals in the electrical wires, the light signal in the fiber optic cable.

The data packet are containing of the following three parts in the network that is header, pay load and trailer. The header is containing the actual length of the data packet whereas the payload is referring as the main data of the packet. Trailer contains some bits that are used in checking the error. The rate at which data packet are transmitted in network is known as the bandwidth. The packet contains data in 0 and 1 form.

In information technology a packet is a formatted unit of data carried by a packet mode computer network. The data packet is small unit of collection which transfers over the network through network fiber optical cables in form of electromagnetic waves. When data packet transfer over the network it bread in to a small parts. The data packet is basic unit for the communication over the network.