Thread: Need suggestions for WAN Accelerator

Need suggestions for WAN Accelerator

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. Well, I've dropped a few SANs in two offices as part of a DR or off site replica explanation and I am thinking about WAN accelerators among the two sites. My major cause for giving thoughts is that block sizes are fairly big within the volumes, a lot of the traffic will be recurring and as such wasted bandwidth. Guys any suggestions are welcomed related to the topic. Thanks in advance for the help as I really appreciate it. Also, the SANs are Dell Equallogic's if that helps at all.

Re: Need suggestions for WAN Accelerator

Hey mate, I read the query and firstly, I would like to hear something from your side and get the things cleared. Firstly, I would like to imply you that it sounds similar to a somber DR site. I would like to confirm from your side whether you are using V-Sphere for DR/failover? Also, interested to know what's SAN's are you using? Are you indeed glad with it. Do let me know the things so that I will get the scheme of the things in a better prospective.

At the moment it's a three vmware physical host primary site running off of two SANs along with the remote site running one physical host and one PS4000-SATA. The intent is that there will be cross site duplication at the SAN level of main file stores and serious Virtual Machine servers nonetheless it wouldn’t be a complete site "fail over". It’s my plan for next year Dell Equallogic PS4000's and PS6000's. To be sincere I won’t burden them for the value. I had a look on other SAN out there in a assessment that took almost a year and bar deduplication I was unable to see a error with them.

Thank You for the information buddy. It proves that you are very serious in knowing about the things. I really appreciate it . I would like to tell you that you should see the Dell's Compellent line . There you will be able to see the positives as well as the negatives of Compellent and Equalogics from the Dell line. It has come to my hearing that HP has had very bad SAN's when we compare it to Dell. I have shared my knowledge with you and I hope it helps you.

HP basically have two aids either a low end one which is essentially DL380's with no Operating System clustered mutually to present adequate storage space and a higher end one to contend with NetApp. I more often than not like HP's contributions except that they actually have a lame duck with that one IMO. Hey I would like to suggest you that you should run a original product which has been made by people who had intended Dell kit –Gree Bytes. I am telling it from my personal experience. I was actually intimidated with the spec, capabilities and also the price of it