Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011

How to protect PC from salty surrounding

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope you all have been doing well. Well, have a query guys. Will be really nice if people can help me out. Basically, the thing is that how to protect my computer from salty environment like near the sea. Is there a spray that would protect the motherboard components and circuitry or maybe perhaps lessen the effects of salt. I am asking this as my new home is going to be near the sea. Friends please suggest as it would be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance
Old 09-05-2011

re: How to protect PC from salty surrounding

Hello dude. I would like to advocate you that it will be a appalling thought to spray-coat your motherboard or components with anything in view of the fact that it will trap in the heat and burn circuits out. According to me, it would be enhanced idea to attempt to control the air in your computer's locale by making use of an air purifier and dehumitizer.I have shared my knowledge with you, I hope you like it and it helps you.
Old 09-05-2011

Hi. As per my knowledge you should seal the case and put HEPA filters over each and every vents. You can seal the boards with the help of epoxy. Consequently I imagine that a spray epoxy will work. However, lot of work will be required and the decomposition isn't going to be that bad on anything which is not steel - the case and screws are going to the only things actually considering dreadful things. Those you can paint up good quality and use WD40
Old 09-05-2011

Hey I feel that you should opt for passive cooling system. Passive cooling is a virtual term that lots of people, particularly in the expertise section, given to any gadget that necessitates active cooling, somewhat like a heat sink or in that case a cooling fan along with a airing system. A number of passive cooling techniques include, thermal conducive system like cooking oil or motor oil in order to go under water definite parts, like the Control Processing Unit.
Old 09-05-2011

Hey mate, I agree to the above reply. It is a good idea but there are some negatives along with it. The profit of having a passive cooling appliance are a quieter workplace; on the other hand, the costs related with a passive cooling system is on the higher side. Creating a passive cooling system can have need of materials that might have to be bought. In addition, the guarantee will become canceled on tampering. Also, there is no assurance that the appliance will preserve the warmth as successfully as it would if the fans were still in place.
Old 10-05-2011

Re: How to protect PC from salty surrounding

Friends, thank you so very much for the replies. I am completely amazed by such fast replies. I did have a look on the passive cooling system by searching on the internet and asking people. I have got sufficient idea of the scheme of the things and the posts really helped me in enlightening my knowledge. Also, thanks, as I have realized that I was making a mistake by thinking about spray coat on the motherboard. Thank you once again friends , I really appreciate it. Take Care

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,